Wiring

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Im looking to get a light bar to mount to the front to my Pioneer platform roof rack and i was wondering how everyone else has ran the wires for their setup. I have an idea on how to run the wires from the battery to a switch inside of the Jeep but how did you run the wires from the roof of the Jeep down to the engine bay?
Sponsored

toblerthedog

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S6, Sting Gray JLUR
I am planning something similar - small light bar (20") to front of a Pioneer platform.

The thought was to run the wiring on the underside of the platform (hidden in one of the channels) towards the tailgate....where I would essentially follow the install recommendations for Diode Dynamic's Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...8-2019-jeep-jl-wrangler-diode-dynamics.27970/

I will need to make a couple custom DT harnesses to allow quick disconnects to allow for either the removal of the Rhino Rack (I have the quick mount legs / backbone system) separately and/or the hardtop/rack as a single unit. The harness would route down through the rear hatch, run along the chassis then tapped into the Aux Light switch power source under hood.

That's the plan anyway.