Sponsored

Wiring rear lights

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Hi, newbie question: is there a write up on the best way to wire rear lights? I have a rear bumper coming that has cut outs for two cubes and I’m wondering what is the most advisable way to wire it to the distribution unit for my Aux switches, which is the JL200 and is mounted on the driver’s side of the engine compartment. Thanks.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

You'll obviously need to extend the wiring from your lights. First, connect the 2 bumper lights together so that they both come on when you turn on your switch. Then, run your wiring along or within the frame to the front of the vehicle and up into the engine bay. If you can find a ground point in the rear of the vehicle, then ground there. If not, run your ground along with the hot wire up to the front.

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'll obviously need to extend the wiring from your lights. First, connect the 2 bumper lights together so that they both come on when you turn on your switch. Then, run your wiring along or within the frame to the front of the vehicle and up into the engine bay. If you can find a ground point in the rear of the vehicle, then ground there. If not, run your ground along with the hot wire up to the front.
Thanks...it was the ways of running the positive forward I was wondering about. Within the rail seems like it might be the most secure way if I can fish it through. Thanks.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I've found that the stock aerial, which was one of the first things I swapped out, is great for fishing wires through the frame :like:

OP
OP

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've found that the stock aerial, which was one of the first things I swapped out, is great for fishing wires through the frame :like:
Wow, good call, thanks!
Sponsored