James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I had my 4 aux switches installed and was digging around to see if the two ACC and BATT wires were there from the factory to power something like a Dashcam, etc.

The only other wire I found besides Aux 1-4 was a green and white wire (black wire in the image below). This wire sits behind the passenger footwell near the other AUX wires.

Does anyone know what this wire is for?
Note: I don't have a tester so I have not been able to confirm power, etc.

20180519_100104.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
redsyphon

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
i believe that's to wire something in the interior to the aux switches.
I thought so too, but it doesn't look to be part of the same wire bundle. It still may be, but I'm not sure how it would tie in.

I left out in my post above that I had the AUX switches added post purchase, so it's easy to see where the bundles come through.

The green/white wire comes in as part of the OE wire bundles, but it's the only one that has its separate line from said bundles.

There’s a good chance your question is covered in the board dedicated to electronics.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/uconnect-communications-audio-electronics-cb.9/
I did search this section, but didn't find an answer. Thinking about it now, I'm not sure why I didn't post this thread in the Eletronics section. I'll see about moving it over. :)
Sponsored