Sponsored

Window visors/ wind deflectors.....which one?

Bob K

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Ocean Blue - ; 2002 Ford f350
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
I'm looking at 3 different style visor and would like to know from those who used them, which one works the best. One of them mounts to the outer edge of the door frame, one mounts to the inner edge of the door frame(outer edge of the window frame) and the third mounts inside of the window channel. I like the looks of the one that mount to the inside of the window channel, but I'm wondering if will put pressure on the window and start wearing my window tint on the front windows or cause the tint to start peeling. The other two look ok, but I'm not to keen on attaching them to the painted surface. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
1 & 2 look like :puke:. 3 is the best looking.
The tint should be on the inside of the glass. The visor, if it contacts the glass, should only touch the outside. Unless I'm not seeing correctly.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
U a grandpa? Cuz thats the only people i see with those on their cars. Whats wrong with sunglasses?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
U a grandpa? Cuz thats the only people i see with those on their cars. Whats wrong with sunglasses?
I personally wouldn’t get them on my jeep but they also let you keep the window cracked while it’s raining without getting wet.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bob K

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Ocean Blue - ; 2002 Ford f350
1 & 2 look like :puke:. 3 is the best looking.
The tint should be on the inside of the glass. The visor, if it contacts the glass, should only touch the outside. Unless I'm not seeing correctly.
I agree with the 3rd looking the best. The tint is inside, but I'm concerned about the deflector making the window channel tight. The channel is only so wide.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I add Vent Visors to all my Jeeps. Cuts glare, can leave window open a bit when raining.
Dogs appreciate them.
I've used AVS ( Auto Vent Shade) brand, with 3M attachment tape, easy to install, no issues over the years I've used them.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm looking at 3 different style visor and would like to know from those who used them, which one works the best. One of them mounts to the outer edge of the door frame, one mounts to the inner edge of the door frame(outer edge of the window frame) and the third mounts inside of the window channel. I like the looks of the one that mount to the inside of the window channel, but I'm wondering if will put pressure on the window and start wearing my window tint on the front windows or cause the tint to start peeling. The other two look ok, but I'm not to keen on attaching them to the painted surface. Thoughts?
Here is an existing thread on this topic, with some additional information about window visors - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/window-vent-shades.14339/

Sponsored

MuttCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just finished installing the EGR window visors on our 2018 JLU Rubicon. Took about 3 minutes, they popped right in. Both front and back fit into the window channel. The rears have tape, but it is on the outside to hold the visor snug to the inside of the channel (the door frame)...they are not taped on.
Got tired of waiting on Weather Tech. These are just as nice.

******Update 7/6/19******

No complaints. Fit fine, work fine. Look great too.

Last edited:

justinbmcbride

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.justinbmcbride.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Content Creator
I just finished installing the EGR window visors on our 2018 JLU Rubicon. Took about 3 minutes, they popped right in. Both front and back fit into the window channel. The rears have tape, but it is on the outside to hold the visor snug to the inside of the channel (the door frame)...they are not taped on.
Got tired of waiting on Weather Tech. These are just as nice.

******Update 7/6/19******

No complaints. Fit fine, work fine. Look great too.
Do you have some pictures you can share? These are what I’m looking into but all the website images are on a JK.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
it i was to get anything, i'd get the in channel vent. because i like the clean look.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
in channel version looks best, I have weather techs, but any in channel brand works just as good.
Mine do not make the channel to tight, if it does, you put them on wrong.
Cleaner looking

darlene

First Name
Tink
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Mojito
Stick your bubble gum at the front of that channel you circled to build sort of a dam. If you don't chew gum, anything at all you can stick in there will work.
……..…../´¯/)……….. (\¯`\
…………/….//……….. …\\….\
………../….//………… ….\\….\
…../´¯/…./´¯\………../¯ `\….\¯`\
.././…/…./…./.|_……_| .\….\….\…\.\..
(.(….(….(…./.)..)..(..(. \….)….)….).)
.\…………….\/…/….\. ..\/……………./
..\…………….. /……..\……………..…/
….\…………..(………. ..)……………./
Sponsored