Willys Xtreme Recon with Sky One Touch

Bokonon_FL

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Saw this on a lot in Orlando. Was ordered months ago and already sold.

I like it so much, I ordered one just like it, but in Sting Gray. Now the wait begins

EAB3A37F-6894-481F-BA6E-CAECCF70F2DC.jpeg

BF5D8B5D-F756-422B-9A96-270832AE2D1C.jpeg

077E9696-92F9-4242-A248-C902E6AE75A2.jpeg

DBE739E0-7A97-4D84-B38B-6EBFCC4410DC.jpeg

947A0FC9-4CEE-4B3A-ABA4-ED100C0C3E6C.jpeg
Sponsored

Trailrated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JL Willys 2.0T
Can't go wrong with sarge green. I was shopping for a sarge green Willys, but decided at the last minute to try a different color since my other vehicle is army green.

TJtoJLU Krawler

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
I think I've been reading in the order forums that guys are having trouble getting the tires for the XR package. Good luck! I have sting gray and I love the color.

OP
OP
Bokonon_FL

Bokonon_FL

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
I think I've been reading in the order forums that guys are having trouble getting the tires for the XR package. Good luck! I have sting gray and I love the color.
Seems like a lot of the Rubicon XRs ordered in January are already in. Havenā€™t seen any recent reports on Willys. Iā€™m thinking this particular combo of Sky Roof and XR package might take a while. No safety packages though, so dealer said that might speed it up. Weā€™ll see.

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
bokonon_fl
Here is some Sting Gray to hold you over.

20210426_213308.jpg

Sponsored

TJtoJLU Krawler

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Seems like a lot of the Rubicon XRs ordered in January are already in. Havenā€™t seen any recent reports on Willys. Iā€™m thinking this particular combo of Sky Roof and XR package might take a while. No safety packages though, so dealer said that might speed it up. Weā€™ll see.
I hope so for you. Let us know the status of your build.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Good luck with your order and I hope you see it soon.

If you ordered it from Airport CJDR, you paid to much. Why wouldn't you go with one of the preferred dealers on this site that sells below invoice? Lakeland CJDR is actually owned by the same people as Airport, but Lakeland will deal with you.

Unless you know something/someone we all in Florida don't.

KevinC

OP
OP
Bokonon_FL

Bokonon_FL

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Good luck with your order and I hope you see it soon.

If you ordered it from Airport CJDR, you paid to much. Why wouldn't you go with one of the preferred dealers on this site that sells below invoice? Lakeland CJDR is actually owned by the same people as Airport, but Lakeland will deal with you.

Unless you know something/someone we all in Florida don't.

KevinC
100% correct. I paid too much. Full MSRP. It was an impulse buy. I tried shopping around by phone and e-mail. Everyone wanted me to come in person. Quoted MSRP or over plus fees everywhere. I just figured Iā€™d save myself a lot of time and hassle and pulled the trigger with the first salesperson who was even a little helpful.

Unfortunately I didnā€™t discover JLForums until after I ordered. Considering I paid full MSRP, what would I have been able to get from Lakeland?. 3 or 4% under invoice would be around $7k
Is it worth cancelling my order and starting over?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

100% correct. I paid too much. Full MSRP. It was an impulse buy. I tried shopping around by phone and e-mail. Everyone wanted me to come in person. Quoted MSRP or over plus fees everywhere. I just figured Iā€™d save myself a lot of time and hassle and pulled the trigger with the first salesperson who was even a little helpful.

Unfortunately I didnā€™t discover JLForums until after I ordered. Considering I paid full MSRP, what would I have been able to get from Lakeland?. 3 or 4% under invoice would be around $7k
That's up to you. Lots of dealerships selling for under invoice in the link in my signature.

SoCalRider9

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Freedom '23
As stated above, definitely possible to get under MSRP right now. Been in contact with 4 dealerships (up here in Mass), and all are giving me 5-7% below MSRP.

Sponsored

Marty Jean

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU /1990 YJ /2022 JLU WILLYS
That's up to you. Lots of dealerships selling for under invoice in the link in my signature.
I looked at the spreadsheet in your signature line and noticed the deposit difference. The dealer told me the deposit I put down put me in 1 status (sold Jeep), no deposit kept me as an unsold Jeep (Status 99) and would be built last. I wonder if the dealer was blowing smoke, or if it's true. I received my Jeep in 8 weeks. Wondering if deposit plays a role in the status of Jeep build? ( I assumed everyone put a deposit down when they ordered.)

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I looked at the spreadsheet in your signature line and noticed the deposit difference. The dealer told me the deposit I put down put me in 1 status (sold Jeep), no deposit kept me as an unsold Jeep (Status 99) and would be built last. I wonder if the dealer was blowing smoke, or if it's true. I received my Jeep in 8 weeks. Wondering if deposit plays a role in the status of Jeep build? ( I assumed everyone put a deposit down when they ordered.)
I hadn't heard that. Ordering one without putting a deposit down does seem questionable.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Mike P from Lakeland Jeep is on this forum. He will deal straight through email and phone/text all the way up until you go and pick up your Jeep. I got 10% off MSRP in December 2021 for a 2022 JLUW. That came out to be $4,600 in savings.

Is it worth it to cancel your order? That is up to you. I completely understand impulse buying and sometimes you have to take a hit. But, a $4,600 hit in todays economy is not going to happen in my world.

KevinC

82nd11BVetLaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys XR ordered March 27

Hey!

After following many threads, this is my first post as I feel it is important to also pass along beneficial information to other Jeep enthusiasts; I agree with KevinC11 regarding contacting Mike P at Lakeland Dodge. I have had the best car buying experience with him.

After a couple emails and phones calls with Mike P confirming what I was looking to order, I stopped by to sign the paperwork and put down the $1000 non-refundable deposit without hesitation. Unless things have changed, you can likely expect 7% under invoice if the MSRP is under $60k, and 6% under invoice if MSRP is over $60k.

My first ever brand new vehicle will be a factory ordered 2022 JLUWXR 2.0 in Gobi and pretty much fully loaded minus trail management system, trail kit, cigar smoking package, door off mirror kit and step assist sliders. I say this to give you an idea of the MSRP before any discounts.

Thanks to Mike P at Lakeland, I won't be paying anywhere close to MSRP; it will be well below any other dealer I contacted across the country, even with Lakeland's slightly higher FL dealer fees. I would not be getting the awesome Willys XR I am without the help and guidance from Mike P.

Additionally, just in case you were like me and not too familiar with the Jeep community before ordering one, I also suggest you look into the yearly tread lightly membership for an additional 1% off MSRP on Jeep vehicles. Mike P will tell you about this, but just in case you decide to stick elsewhere I thought maybe it could help in your journey.

Order placed 3/27, currently is D1 still with rough ETA completion of 6/4 according to lakeland reps.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I agree with Mike Peralta being the best in the business. I ordered my 2022 XR with him and was lucky to get 7% under invoice since before the price hike my msrp was just under $60k. Doesnā€™t matter now since Iā€™ll be trading it in for a 2023 392, but he gave me a great deal on my 2022.
Sponsored