Sponsored

Willys Owners Question

vwl_ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
When I picked up my 4 door Willys a couple weeks ago, the dealer actually had the tires aired up to 49 or 50.
Sponsored

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind the 37 PSI number is likely for the Max capacity listed on the same label. I have found less is better if your not loaded to max capacity.

OP
OP
JLEdCeD

JLEdCeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JL Willys
A thought about the feeling of "a little wandering":

As I understand it, the JL has an electric/hydraulic combination steering mechanism, vs. all hydraulic on the JK. When I first drove my JL at the dealership, I thought the vehicle wandered on the road more than my JK - the steering seemed very twitchy. I mentioned this to the salesman, and he explained this difference in the steering design between the JL and the JK, and that you get used to it after a while. I think he was right, as I don't notice it anymore.

-fyi
time will tell...

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came at 41 from dealer, dropped to 37, but still too harsh. Kid was getting nauseous too, dropped to 30-32. Much smoother ride now and no more nauseous kids.

OP
OP
JLEdCeD

JLEdCeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JL Willys
tested today at 34 psi... Lot better in the highway and city driving...

Sponsored

Deleted member 52621

I have a 2020 Willys 4 door. I picked it up the day it came off the truck. I ordered it from the factory. It is still at 41 and runs great. I kinda thought that was too high but it does run very well on the road. Have any of you flipped to all black from the white letters?

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 Willys 4 door. I picked it up the day it came off the truck. I ordered it from the factory. It is still at 41 and runs great. I kinda thought that was too high but it does run very well on the road. Have any of you flipped to all black from the white letters?
37 is recommended tire pressure, and what TPMS sensors are set to. 41 is too high in my opinion, keep an eye on the tread wear. I like the white letters goes with the whole White/Black theme.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I can confirm the the Willys has Sport springs and Rubicon shocks front and rear.

The tires are set high on the lot to keep them from flat spotting. I have mine at 37 now, but will prob go to 34.

I like the Firestone letters in white. Looks good on my white Jeep with black accents. Black side out would look better on most of the other colors, especially Sarge.
Sponsored