WIllys Question.

ThePaleDuck47

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
So I ordered my 2 door Willys edition (not Willys sport). My question is, does the WIllys have the "euro" bumper piece? I have researched videos and some show it and some do not. How do i know if mine would have it when it gets delivered. Maybe by the time it gets here someone will have a block off plate made so i do not have to cut on it. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP
ThePaleDuck47

ThePaleDuck47

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
So I ordered my 2 door Willys edition (not Willys sport). My question is, does the WIllys have the "euro" bumper piece? I have researched videos and some show it and some do not. How do i know if mine would have it when it gets delivered. Maybe by the time it gets here someone will have a block off plate made so i do not have to cut on it. Thanks in advance
Well looks like what i see is the stock Jeep site does not show the bumper to fender inserts. Well when you go to say autotrader and search almost all pics of Jeeps on the lot shows them with them. So i guess my mystery is solved?

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
See the Willys Owners thread. I posted some pics of mine cut off. Many posts say to remove then cut. That is way too much work. Take new Razor blade and trim away the euro part while still installed on the Jeep. Use bumper as a guide. Takes like 5 minutes to do, and looks way better. Congrats on the order and post pics on the Willys Owners thread when it is delivered.

OP
OP
ThePaleDuck47

ThePaleDuck47

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
See the Willys Owners thread. I posted some pics of mine cut off. Many posts say to remove then cut. That is way too much work. Take new Razor blade and trim away the euro part while still installed on the Jeep. Use bumper as a guide. Takes like 5 minutes to do, and looks way better. Congrats on the order and post pics on the Willys Owners thread when it is delivered.
After much more research the Willys SPORT does not have the euro pieces from what i can tell. The Willys with all the power options DOES have the euro bumper things. I jumped the gun and bought a "donor" set off Ebay to cut on.
I like your idea of leaving it on. On another thread there was one that was cut not flush but a tad inside the bumper. Looked real good IMO. So i will try to cut the donor pair out with the seam and see how it turns out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThePaleDuck47

ThePaleDuck47

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Its real deceiving when you build the Jeep on the build site. Both models shows the sport bumper.

OP
OP
ThePaleDuck47

ThePaleDuck47

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
I just looked at your post, I see now how much easier it looked to do it in place. It came out great the way you did it.
Ill just keep the ones i get in from Ebay if i mess up some way.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Did you order the 2020 or 2021?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ThePaleDuck47

ThePaleDuck47

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Question. When you made the cut did you do it from the front or back of the bumper? Thanks

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Question. When you made the cut did you do it from the front or back of the bumper? Thanks
From the front. I did a score line using the bumper as a guide going slowly. Then did second cut carefully following the score line where I plunged the blade all the way through to make a single cut. This was to keep the cut as smooth as possible. Did each one in like 3 sections. In the inside corner used some very fine grit sandpaper to smooth it out any rough areas. Wear some gloves (safety first) and use a new razor blade.
Sponsored