Will this help install a front camera?

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So to start. I know you can get the Tazer camera, but in my opinion it sucks. Not trying to start anything and really don’t want to hear why you think they are great. I have a 2019 JLUR and would really like the factory camera. For whatever reason Jeep hasn’t/won’t come out with it for accessory. A shame because they would sell the shit out of them. Anyway, doing some searching on the interweb and found something that looks like it might work. Need the electrical engineers or the people way smarter than me to tell me if this is what we all need to retrofit a camera. Here is the link. https://reversecamera.com/products/2019-jeep-wrangler-jl-7-hd-front-side-camera-input-module
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
The available resolution in the infotainment used for the aux camera is 480i and is the issue, not the Tazer.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I’ve been on that thread. Just wondering if this will let us use the factory camera.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I’ve been on that thread. Just wondering if this will let us use the factory camera.
It’s the head unit. Only has one HD connection.

I have a Gladiator with HD front facing camera and also have a Tazer camera on my JLR. It’s not that different.

Remember, it is a small screen, far away from your driving position. The only real difference is the Tazer camera doesn’t have wheel steering lines. For looking over the bumper, on or off road, the lower resolution camera does just fine.

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
Agreed the view from Zautomotives front facing camera isn’t the best, but I wanted it to see the trail when all I see out the front window is hood and sky. It does that job very well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Will this help install a front camera? BEEB8467-E9C1-4E7C-9021-181216E1C2B6
Sponsored