WHICH PAINT FOR BEADLOCK RINGS?

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel/2022 X3M Comp
So I dropped my rig off for my buid today. On my past five Rubicons I've run 20x12's and 38x15.5s and have wheeled all over So Cal with no issues. This time I am going with 17x9.5 Raceline Beadlocks and 40x13.5x17 MT Pro XS.

I dont want to Powdercoat the rings as the touch up for rock rash would be way more involved. My question is, what is the best paint to use to spray the Beadlock Rings black? I assume I would just need to put a light scuff on them for adhesion? This is new to me so I would appreciate the help.
Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I leave my beadlock ring scuffed up... less shit to touch up lol

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I leave my beadlock ring scuffed up... less shit to touch up lol
Thatā€™s how I feel about it. Guy down the street from me has a sweet looking JL with the mopar lift, 37ā€™s, and KMC beadlocks. He powder coated the ring satin black to match the wheel. Looks awesome.

We were both parked getting the mail recently and he commented that I should get my rings powder coated. I told him I like the natural aluminum colored rock rash and didnā€™t want to deal with the touch up of painted rings. He admitted touch up sounded like a lot of work and thatā€™s one of the reasons he doesnā€™t go off-roading. šŸ˜‚

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
My Mopar beadlock compatible wheels arrive tomorrow :rock:. I got Mopar touch-up spray paint and will paint the rings Punkā€™n. Theyā€™ll get scratched up, Iā€™m sure, but I can touch them up if I want to (probably wonā€™).

Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Thatā€™s how I feel about it. Guy down the street from me has a sweet looking JL with the mopar lift, 37ā€™s, and KMC beadlocks. He powder coated the ring satin black to match the wheel. Looks awesome.

We were both parked getting the mail recently and he commented that I should get my rings powder coated. I told him I like the natural aluminum colored rock rash and didnā€™t want to deal with the touch up of painted rings. He admitted touch up sounded like a lot of work and thatā€™s one of the reasons he doesnā€™t go off-roading. šŸ˜‚

exactly my point why I don't touch up the ring. :LOL:

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Roger that. Scuff, Self etching primer and Rustoleum flat black! šŸ‘
I like the rustoleum paint. I'm semi-gloss rustoleum instead of flat.

OP
OP
Vettethret

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The first time I rock rashed the shi$ out of my 20's, major Butthurt temporarily set in until I got off the trail. Got home and realized how much fun it was, didn't care after that. Now I will be able to actually air down without worrying!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vettethret

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the rustoleum paint. I'm semi-gloss rustoleum instead of flat.
I was actually just looking at the Raceline Monster in black on their website and your right, it needs to be semi. Thanks for all the help.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I thought about painting my bead lock rings. The though of touching them up all the time was a big deterrent. Maybe if I didn't wheel.

All five of my wheels look similar to this wheel. I would imagine that to correctly touch up this wheel would take a couple hours to do it right. Then times that by five wheels. I would probably run in to 100+ hours of time to keep them touched up.

Jeep Wrangler JL WHICH PAINT FOR BEADLOCK RINGS? 1607515120213

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Agree with everyone else. Our rings arrived raw aluminum, I put a few coats of Rustoleum red on em (keeping with the white, black and red theme of our white Rubi) and since then, I'd say less than 50% of the paint is on each ring. Lets people know you actually do Jeep things with your jeep.

PXL_20201120_212134867.jpg
Sponsored