wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
My wife came to me a couple weeks ago and said, "Hey I have an extra $500 bucks, buy something cool for the Jeep. Well today Brown Santa stopped by the house. Santa brought the ROAM JL Side Armor Steps.

20181023_165019_zpsk2lkbirg.jpg

Should look like this on our Rubicon..

ad736c8999a4b7ac681a-1920x480.jpg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@wibornz

All my X-Wives did similar .... ain't wives grand... :)

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Is that colour Sting-gray ?
That picture is from the Roam Off Road Site. It is a White Jeep. Lighting makes it look a little different.

Sponsored

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
I lucked out. We have been married for 29+ years and she is still super cool.
Wait a darn second here Jeep lucky husbands. Lol. I myself have been blessed guys. I have an angel. She loves me to death and I’m not talking early relationship here. We just hit 20 years Jeep lucky husbands. I love her to death boys. She’s takin my shit and always loves me. It’s incredible but let’s not get too deep into this. I have a 2010 jk and she says. Why don’t you get a JL and I’ll take the JK. This was a no brainer gentleman. She knew how much I’ve been dying for a 4 door and SHE made it happen! Love my Hot Jeep bitching Wife forever!

9D570AF8-F104-4A6D-9E44-70AE08D36DE9.jpeg

Last edited:

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Mine doesn’t say anything when parts show up! Bills are paid and she puts gas in her ride, so she is good. That said, she never gave me $500 for Jeep parts (knowingly)!

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
In discussing retirement plans, I said, lets get a Rubicon and off road from Arizona to Alaska. My wife Carla was all in. Ordered a 2019 JLUR after I retired in September. The Jeep will go behind the motorhome on a trailer. We will use the motorhome as a base camp and explore all the western states as we make our way to Alaska. I have the lift, front bumper, winch, recovery accessories, tool box, 37 in Cooper STT Pros mounted on ATX Slab bead lock wheels and now the side armor. Just need the rear bumper and tire carrier and the Tazer. We will have a couple years to practice and sort the jeep out until the wife retires and then.....the adventure begins. We will drink fresh brewed coffee above the tree lines in the mountains at sunrise.

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Mine doesn’t say anything when parts show up! Bills are paid and she puts gas in her ride, so she is good. That said, she never gave me $500 for Jeep parts (knowingly)!
I definitely attest to that American Jeeper. She’s never complains either but give me 500 cash and say buy something for the Jeep. I smell bullshit here LMAO LAMO. I’m just kidding Wibornz !!! LMAO! Hey listen all I can say buddy were on the right ship and it’s not the Titanic! Forever love our wives !

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Jeeper are you the guy on you tube who makes the Jeep reviews?

Sponsored

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In discussing retirement plans, I said, lets get a Rubicon and off road from Arizona to Alaska. My wife Carla was all in. Ordered a 2019 JLUR after I retired in September. The Jeep will go behind the motorhome on a trailer. We will use the motorhome as a base camp and explore all the western states as we make our way to Alaska. I have the lift, front bumper, winch, recovery accessories, tool box, 37 in Cooper STT Pros mounted on ATX Slab bead lock wheels and now the side armor. Just need the rear bumper and tire carrier and the Tazer. We will have a couple years to practice and sort the jeep out until the wife retires and then.....the adventure begins. We will drink fresh brewed coffee above the tree lines in the mountains at sunrise.
I envy that trip buddy. Wow! Sounds like a plan. Wow. You guys going to have a wonderful time. God bless all the way the way baby !

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Nice to have one that’s a keeper, ain’t it? We’ve been married 27 years. I’ve been a gear head forever, but primarily a sports car/luxury car guy. She’s wanted a convertible for a long time, I haven’t. So it was HER idea to buy the JLUR as a compromise. Smart girl. But I can top the found $500. I’m selling my car that’s mostly been sitting idle for the last couple of years. She says, “just take all the money when you sell it and buy all your Jeep stuff. That way you’ll get it all out of your system from the start and you won’t have to try to convince/explain to me why you want $500 or $1000 for this or that every month.” She doesn’t understand how the modding bug works and I don’t have the heart to explain that it’s NEVER done. Lol.

Seems that if you make a great choice and stick with it through the inevitable ups and downs of marriage/relationships, it works out well in the long term, doesn’t it guys? Congrats @wibornz and @Poseidon and your awesome wives on making it work.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Zj
I'll chime in here too about my awesome wife. When I said the Jeep I wanted to order was almost $60k her answer was "so!" On another forum I used to frequent my signature line was "I'm that ugly guy with the hot wife," and it is still true. Plus she even hangs out at the ole duck blind every once in a while.

IMG_6389.jpg

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
Wait a darn second here Jeep lucky husbands. Lol. I myself have been blessed guys. I have an angel. She loves me to death and I’m not talking early relationship here. We just hit 20 years Jeep lucky husbands. I love her to death boys. She’s takin my shit and always loves me. It’s incredible but let’s not get too deep into this. I have a 2010 jk and she says. Why don’t you get a JL and I’ll take the JK. This was a no brainer gentleman. She knew how much I’ve been dying for a 4 door and SHE made it happen! Love my Hot Jeep bitching Wife forever!

Probably the angle of the picture, but you look remarkably like Jim Carrey!

JCwt.jpg

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Probably the angle of the picture, but you look remarkably like Jim Carrey!

JCwt.jpg
Actually, he kinda sort of looks like a love child of Jim Carrey and Geraldo Rivera. That's cool to hear how she encourages your Jeep addiction. Most guys post how they have to hide Jeep stuff. lol

geraldo-rivera.jpg
Sponsored