TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Usually, when I reach below 100 RTE, I plan the next drive passed my preferred Mobil station on the way home from work.

Of course if we are planning a trip or something then I fill up before we go, or if we have a hurricane watch, I tend to top it off every couple days during the "tracking" phase.
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
in order to not have a bunch of stale fuel and other undesirable stuff collecting in my tank, i generally try to run it at least 3/4 down in normal use to have a higher percentage of fresher fuel wash it out and dilute the water and other grunge that collects in a tank.

bonus is that i don't spend a lot of time in fuel stations.

i've had several vehicles (both gas and diesel) go multiple hundreds of thousands of mile with this routine, and never had any problems.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
One of my favorite things about living in NJ is it's still mandated to have someone fill your tank, so it's a little time to play with the radio and in the cold/rain stay dry. 🗽💡

Affiant

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
When the gas light comes on or when my wife reminds me and not necessarily in that order.

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I hate fueling in the city where I work, because you never know when there is going to be a shoot-out. Literally a dozen people, including several cops, have been shot to death at the only gas station in that city that falls along my route home. Therefore I fuel whenever I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to my home town without fueling. Just under half a tank, in other words.

I miss the 36 gallon tank on my Ford. Fuel that bitch once a week and forget about it. Oh well. You can't have everything.

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
I refuel any time I'm around a gas station that has good 91 octane or higher. That's sometimes hard to find where I live. Hell I've fill up when it's at 3/4 tank several times.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
>1/4

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I hate fueling in the city where I work, because you never know when there is going to be a shoot-out. Literally a dozen people, including several cops, have been shot to death at the only gas station in that city that falls along my route home. Therefore I fuel whenever I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to my home town without fueling. Just under half a tank, in other words.
A bit surprising to read the bolded text. Southwest VA looks pretty tame when compared to the, um, vibrancy of East and especially Northeast VA. Gotta say I felt at home when camping near Mabry Mill a few years back.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Do you live in Afghanistan? Sounds like you should look for a new job.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I never let any of my vehicles get below 1/4 tank for a couple of reasons -- 1) never know when I may have an emergency of some sort; 2) don't want to deal with a potential vapor lock issue.
Sponsored