First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@UNC Rubicon @ThirtyOne
Maybe it's the woman in me, but I cringed at that scrapping. But still looks like a ton of fun. Glad you enjoyed it. Be sure to show us your badge:like:
The first couple of times you experience the scraping or clunking, it’s a little unnerving. But, you quickly realize it sounds a lot worse than it is.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Big Bend NP. I got into much more challenging stuff, but it was just the dogs and me, so no one to take pictures. If I’d tried to get out at apex moments, I might have ruined my favorite flip-flops. Or broken my neck.
03F170CA-1F27-4AEC-BABF-AA6AC9DDD3DE.jpeg
CB7928E1-D784-455E-9443-CFAE6AC0DC36.jpeg
72CCFA32-0E0D-44D8-8306-44CEAD91F612.jpeg
that life time cooler is great!!! awesome pictures

bone sock (MInus Rubi take off Sliders JLUsport manged to go down and back up Diablo drop off in Anza month and a half ago. Really impressed with how well Ol Smokey did. since this i have added Rubi take off wheels, tires, and rubi suspension

IMG_5643.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Big Bend NP. I got into much more challenging stuff, but it was just the dogs and me, so no one to take pictures. If I’d tried to get out at apex moments, I might have ruined my favorite flip-flops. Or broken my neck.
Thanks for the kind thoughts.
I’m curious if anyone with more experience who has run Black Gap Trail at Big Bend could comment on the relative difficulty of it.
I was never scared, but it was all I wanted, for sure, running alone.
I’m 40 years experienced picking a line with 4wd pickups, and that carries over, but that trail was way beyond anything I would ever try in a pickup.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
@UNC Rubicon @ThirtyOne
Maybe it's the woman in me, but I cringed at that scrapping. But still looks like a ton of fun. Glad you enjoyed it. Be sure to show us your badge:like:
I was thinking the same thing watching the video. @ThirtyOne remained really calm throughout. He did a fantastic job in my eyes. It was unnerving to watch!

I scraped a couple times this weekend (for the first time) and just winced and hoped for the best. It sounds horrible but like @UNC Rubicon said, it sounds much worse than it is. I looked over everything after and couldn't find any significant damage, though I will feel a hell of a lot better when my front diff cover arrives. My other main concern is the oil pan.

This hobby is expensive but most fun things are.

OP
OP
ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I was thinking the same thing watching the video. @ThirtyOne remained really calm throughout. He did a fantastic job in my eyes. It was unnerving to watch!

I scraped a couple times this weekend (for the first time) and just winced and hoped for the best. It sounds horrible but like @UNC Rubicon said, it sounds much worse than it is. I looked over everything after and couldn't find any significant damage, though I will feel a hell of a lot better when my front diff cover arrives. My other main concern is the oil pan.

This hobby is expensive but most fun things are.
These Jeeps are tough. I don’t get rattled by the scraping. But I want to get better so i don’t scrape as much.

I’m pretty even keel but @chevymitchell helped a lot. Very calm and exudes a lot of confidence. And @UNC Rubicon was real supportive too. Really fortunate to have hooked up with those guys.

Sponsored

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
@ThirtyOne coming down the left line of Dickey Bell at Uwharrie. He earned his badge.

Wow so that’s a sport only with rubi tires?

And I was questioning if a Moab could do stuff like this...guess I’ve s lot to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.