Wheel spacers?

WrangledJL

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2door wrangler sport
New jl wrangler 2 door sport owner. Happy with the stock wheel/tire/suspension set up. I am thinking about adding some spacers though, to get a more aggressive look. Any recommendation?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
New jl wrangler 2 door sport owner. Happy with the stock wheel/tire/suspension set up. I am thinking about adding some spacers though, to get a more aggressive look. Any recommendation?
Synergy and Borah offer quality spacers that are hub centric. You'll have to go with 1.75" to clear the factory lug studs. Question is, are you looking for that level of poke with that small of a tire?

OP
OP

WrangledJL

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Synergy and Borah offer quality spacers that are hub centric. You'll have to go with 1.75" to clear the factory lug studs. Question is, are you looking for that level of poke with that small of a tire?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Curious on how that would look
Opinions vary greatly. I would personally want at least a set of Rubicon take-off 33's poking out of my fenders. The amount of poke would be less on your sport because the axles are a couple inches narrower than those on the Rubicon. They would also look proportionately bigger on your 2 door vs the 4. I ran with both the factory 285/70-17 (33") ko2's and 315/70-17 (35") ko2's for 10k miles each, and they performed great as a daily driver. They are also amongst the smallest in their size category. Not trying to twist your arm, just food for thought because of your wanting a bit more aggressiveness.

Sponsored

OP
OP

WrangledJL

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might just stick some wider tires on the OE wheels, see how that looks.

Cyclrder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU Rubicon, S213E63S, 997.2TTMT
I installed 1.75 inch spacers on my previous JK and the same for my new Rubicon... it really makes the cars look better.... I explained to my wife that it helps with reducing the tip over off center impact issue....
As pointed out , your axles aren’t as wide as the Rubicon, so the push out will be much milder. Go for it... it’s a cheap mod that makes a big esthetic difference.

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
If you are sticking with stock rims then you can get by with 1.5" spacers - not that .25" makes a lot of diff. Check your spare wheel for the relief cuts between the stud holes (and to make sure you have those reliefs) as that is where the factory stud that pokes out beyond the wheel spacer will fit into.

Search the forum for people who have done this.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Might just stick some wider tires on the OE wheels, see how that looks.
You could score a set of Rubicon take-offs for similar money spent on brand new tires. Keep an eye on the marketplace subforum. New adds pop up daily.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I wish there were some 3/4” spacers to make my sport the same width as a rubicon.
Sponsored