Sponsored

Wheel locks

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
A follow-up post regarding the Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 24-Pack) ..

I have posted here quite a bit in regard to the Gorilla's over the last 2 years.

I mentioned that they were quite durable but mentioned it was probably best to go easy on them so to speak, and not use an impact gun to remove them.

ANYWAY, I practice what I preach... but did manage to damage one, 2 weeks ago when doing a tire rotation.

I inadvertently dropped one approx. 10' down onto concrete. It must have hit just right as a side spleen was actually sheared off the lug.

Long story short, I had a spare Gorilla, as I originally had purchased a 24 lug set so I used the spare.

I did call Gorilla and told them I'd had their lugs for about 2 years and that I had inadvertently sheared off a spline.

No hassle given to me...., the Customer Service guy offered to send me a replacement at no cost.

He said usually a matched replacement lug was $7.00 plus a couple of bucks shipping but he would waive the charges this time. 8-)

So, today the new lug arrived... less then 10 days since I called Gorilla. TERRIFIC Customer Service by Gorilla:

For issues with you Gorilla's, you can call Gorilla Customer Service at --Call: 325-585-2852

Just give them the Lug nut Lock Key Code and the exact model # of your lug

They charge $7.00 for a replacement lug,. A replacement Key is $15.00.

-Great product offering with very good Customer Service-

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheel locks vvv.JPG
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@BCalvin

A really terrific product to spray onto the Gorilla Lugs after you wash and dry your JL,
is a product called Pig Spit.

Use Pig Spit and your lugs will look great and be protected against the elements.

Sprays on easily and gets into the area around the lug and the lug itself. You spray and let the Pig Spit, dry. Brightens and protects what you spray it on!

I have used the product on the heads of my Harley's motor for years and also on Gorilla lugs I have run on different Jeeps over the years.. Good product.

https://www.amazon.com/Pig-Spit-PSO...7&sr=1-1-70f7c15d-07d8-466a-b325-4be35d7258cc
Jeep Wrangler JL Wheel locks iulio

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
@BCalvin

A really terrific product to spray onto the Gorilla Lugs after you wash and dry your JL,
is a product called Pig Spit.

Use Pig Spit and your lugs will look great and be protected against the elements.

Sprays on easily and gets into the area around the lug and the lug itself. You spray and let the Pig Spit, dry. Brightens and protects what you spray it on!

I have used the product on the heads of my Harley's motor for years and also on Gorilla lugs I have run on different Jeeps over the years.. Good product.

https://www.amazon.com/Pig-Spit-PSO...7&sr=1-1-70f7c15d-07d8-466a-b325-4be35d7258cc
Jeep Wrangler JL Wheel locks iulio
Thanks, i'll check it out.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!