Wheel locks

t0ene3

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I just picked up a 2019 Moab. Looking for some good wheel locks. What are you guys using? Thanks
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@t0ene3

Quite a few. forum guys / gals have gone with the Gorilla Wheel Lock System. With this offering, every lug nut on every wheel has a splined lug nut that has to be taken off with a key.

Having such lug nuts is a deterrent. Slows the thief down lots when he goes to snag your wheels so just maybe he will not want to deal with your JL. Reality is if he wants your wheels he will get your wheels. There is no substitute for good vehicle insurance.

There is one ass wipe on this forum that says you only need a locking lug nut on the spare as the wheel unders the JL / on the ground are heavy, and only like .1% of thieves would bother........ but the ass wipe is brain dead if he believes this... 8-)

Anyway, the Gorilla Locking System comes in Chrome or Chrome Black. Also the conical base is large and that is a desired trait of a lug nut for the JL.

For black:
Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 24-Pack)

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheel locks vvv.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Wheel locks kkkkk

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, same splined lug that is in the Gorilla Wheel Lock System. With this offering you have one splined lug on each wheel.

Having even one splined lug slows the bad guy down a tad but having 5 on each wheel slows them down 5 times more.. :LOL:

Also, I am OCD and wanted all lugs to match and not have one odd ball on the wheel..... another reason I went with the 24 package of lugs.

As mentioned in my last post, there is no substitute for good vehicle insurance.

As for these Gorilla lugs..... note the size of the conical base. Regardless of what lug brand you buy, you want a similar / large conical base on the lug that you use with your stock wheels.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah, didn't even know you replied Rhine, ideally having all the same is best and I've had that Gorilla "system" on my G37 for about 8 years and the finish has held up well. For the small extra cost, having more security, and being "OCD proof", that full set is the way to go!

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Can you get TWO of the removal tools, for that awkward moment you can't find the one so carefully hidden away ?

Reactions: J0E

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had these for my last Jeep and loved them. I dont remember them being this pricey - ouchy. Guess you can have 1 wheel lock per wheel, then get black lugs to save money.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had these for my last Jeep and loved them. I dont remember them being this pricey - ouchy. Guess you can have 1 wheel lock per wheel, then get black lugs to save money.
@jlewissystem

I paid $102 at Amazon about 11 months ago for the Gorilla 24 pack system.

I wanted the system, with all lugs splined so they all the lugs looked the same and any thief would have to work lots more to take 23 lugs off my JL, versus 5. 8-)

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Always made the home maint more "fun" too :)

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not sure how many lock combos they have TBH.

Ldybug

First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab 2019
Occupation
Hotel Manager
My dealer gave me the Mopar kit with 5 locks plus the key. They said there are 32 keys in existence, so the odds of someone having the same mopar key are relatively low. I have a moab too.

IMG_8467.jpg

AgentTML

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (2018), Honda Pilot Touring (2010), Ford C-Max SEL (2013)
@t0ene3

Quite a few. forum guys / gals have gone with the Gorilla Wheel Lock System. With this offering, every lug nut on every wheel has a splined lug nut that has to be taken off with a key.

Having such lug nuts is a deterrent. Slows the thief down lots when he goes to snag your wheels so just maybe he will not want to deal with your JL. Reality is if he wants your wheels he will get your wheels. There is no substitute for good vehicle insurance.

There is one ass wipe on this forum that says you only need a locking lug nut on the spare as the wheel unders the JL / on the ground are heavy, and only like .1% of thieves would bother........ but the ass wipe is brain dead if he believes this... 8-)

Anyway, the Gorilla Locking System comes in Chrome or Chrome Black. Also the conical base is large and that is a desired trait of a lug nut for the JL.

Go here for black chrome:

Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX Black Factory Style Wheel Lock System (14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 24-Pack)

https://www.summitracing.com/search?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=Gorilla Automotive 96644BDX

vvv.JPG

kkkkk.jpeg
Thank you for this information. Just installed on our 2018 Rubi and they look great!