Sponsored

Wheel backspace ?

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Does anyone know the most amount of backspace (without rubbing on the frame) on Rubicon axles?
Sponsored

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Jeez, those look HUGE for 34s! Is there some flexing going on in the rear tire in that side shot that makes them look like they fill up the wheel well more, especially with the lift? The front looks more like I'd expect. I have a JLUS with 1.5" leveler on the front and am debating between 285/70/17 and 285/75/17. I like the fuller wheel well look, but don't want to rub. I don't plan on rock-crawling, but would like to take it on trails.
Sorry for the late reply, I've been offline for a few days.

Yes, in that particular picture the front was up on a rock so the rear is compressed a bit. The angle of the picture looks worse than it is.

The Nitto 34" work without a lift on the front but you can stuff the rears at max compression, not enough to do damage on mine.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
-12 offset sticks out further than the 1 offset by exactly 13mm

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I have pro comp vertigo 18x9 offset 0 back space 5, with tire 275/70r18. But i want to know if there is negative impact or disadvantage on this, I have the sahara model with a 2 inch lift

Or do i need a wheel spacer for this?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have pro comp vertigo 18x9 offset 0 back space 5, with tire 275/70r18. But i want to know if there is negative impact or disadvantage on this, I have the sahara model with a 2 inch lift

Or do i need a wheel spacer for this?
You're changing the positive scrub radius by moving the centerline of the wheel outward (stock offset +45, your offset zero) but you're not going super aggressive, steering won't be as affected as if you were running -18 offset for example. With the 275 width tires on that offset your Jeep should still handle close to stock assuming you're able to keep the rest of your steering geometry close to stock.
Sponsored