Sponsored

What will be the first special editions?

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Guys, I don’t think they’ll rush into having special editions to « block » sales of the regular JLs... i don’t think they’ll have any for at least a year and a half...
But hey, who are we ?
Some here think that the Sport should come with LED, upgraded Audio, half the Rubicon parts and still be half as cheap...
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I wouldn’t expect anything this year were it not for the anniversary. Even with I’d give it 60/40 at best; the fact that Hella Yella is a complete mystery at this point gives me a bit of hope it’ll show up in a 15th anniversary package.

OP
OP
thenewrick

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P85+ / Subaru Baja Turbo 5-Speed
I'd probably be interested in most things that are like a 2-door Sahara. I definitely don't want the locking diffs and sway bar disconnect and other Rubicon stuff. Something in between a Sport S and a Sahara in 2-door with some cool color/body differences would be neat.

I'm still thinking there is hope for an enthusiast trim. They've made a high performance trim for Challenger, Charger, Grand Cherokee, Durango, 300, and soon a Ram. If the Pacifica gets a big engine before the Wrangler it'll be sad day :D

Realistically, I could see them putting in a highly tuned version of the 2.0L turbo good for about 300hp/tq but probably not a forced induction V6, probably not a V8, probably not a performance tuned diesel.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
There are so many different needs in different parts of the country. I have a place in AZ and in MN. Needs for off-road are lots different in each location.

In MN folks buy vehicles (like discussed) to travel on ice, snow, backroads and plow snow. They need to tow a boat, hunting (damn lights and buzzers!) and do double duty as a family vehicle.....in some instances.

In "OZ" folks are looking for rocky trails, rock crawling, and "overlanding" and "sploring". Need body armor and skid plates, etc. Some for snow in high altitudes.....but they all do that.

Both locations like Mall Crawlers....but more of this in the South.....IMO. Maybe a Barbie Model would be good marketing? ....as many folks just need a cool look and no real bad ass ability.

Different strokes for different folks. Jeep tried to do this with high priced "options" and the aftermarket for too long (been a profitable run I'm sure). And now it' has bit them in the azz......IMO.

Pretty sure Jeep forgot that........"In the long-run....the consumer always will win".

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
A " Special Edition", the " Bronco Buster ", a 2 door with AC , LEDs, rubberized floor covering, marine grade vinyl seat material, hard top with removeable side windows, a manual transmission for the 2.0T. All of this as Base, for the same price as the Bronco, which has all this..

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
The "1941" Edition, complete with a 50 Cal. machine gun to take out those pesky IFS Bronco's as they are blasting past us on a washboard road! :LOL:

We'll gain ground in the rocks! ;)
Sponsored