What should my voltage look like?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Thought it would be higher. Kinda weird, it’s 14.1 this morning. It is a lot cooler at the moment.

1C6A48BE-80CD-4C7F-9E6E-54B7D3FF93A3.jpeg
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
"Smart" alternator.

SYSTEM OPERATION - SMART CHARGING SYSTEM
Most current vehicles utilize the Smart Charging control strategy. This strategy helps to improve vehicle performance, reduce CO2 emissions and increase fuel efficiency. The control strategy takes into account battery state of charge and electrical loads on the battery, as well as engine load. Vehicles that utilize the Smart Charging control strategy are equipped with an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS). The IBS is an important component of the Smart Charging control strategy.

Idle and acceleration: Charging is typically suspended during idle and acceleration conditions. Due to this strategy it can be common for the alternator output to be equal to, or close to typical battery voltage at idle and during engine acceleration.
Steady state speeds: During steady state speeds the charge rate is typically low, just enough to maintain battery voltage.
Deceleration (regenerative braking): The charge rate is typically very high during deceleration.
The Smart Charging strategy can be used with any combination of the following vehicle configurations:

Single Battery System
Dual Battery System
Electronic Voltage Regulation (EVR) Charging systems which use a standard alternator directly controlled by the PCM
Charging systems using a smart alternator communicating with the PCM via LIN Bus
On vehicles equipped with a smart alternator, the PCM sends voltage set point and ramp time commands to the alternator via a LIN bus communication circuit. The alternator controls the charging rate based on these commands.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
"Smart" alternator.

SYSTEM OPERATION - SMART CHARGING SYSTEM
Most current vehicles utilize the Smart Charging control strategy. This strategy helps to improve vehicle performance, reduce CO2 emissions and increase fuel efficiency. The control strategy takes into account battery state of charge and electrical loads on the battery, as well as engine load. Vehicles that utilize the Smart Charging control strategy are equipped with an Intelligent Battery Sensor (IBS). The IBS is an important component of the Smart Charging control strategy.

Idle and acceleration: Charging is typically suspended during idle and acceleration conditions. Due to this strategy it can be common for the alternator output to be equal to, or close to typical battery voltage at idle and during engine acceleration.
Steady state speeds: During steady state speeds the charge rate is typically low, just enough to maintain battery voltage.
Deceleration (regenerative braking): The charge rate is typically very high during deceleration.
The Smart Charging strategy can be used with any combination of the following vehicle configurations:

Single Battery System
Dual Battery System
Electronic Voltage Regulation (EVR) Charging systems which use a standard alternator directly controlled by the PCM
Charging systems using a smart alternator communicating with the PCM via LIN Bus
On vehicles equipped with a smart alternator, the PCM sends voltage set point and ramp time commands to the alternator via a LIN bus communication circuit. The alternator controls the charging rate based on these commands.
Thank You. I just thought I would ask if 13.1 was low.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
and . . . CLEAN that Rubi!!!

G. :like:

nkyjeep

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 platinum, 2021 JL RUBICON
Occupation
retired
my e-dork starts at 14.1/14.2 and drops as the day goes on from start stop at end of day 13.3 maybe 13.5 scared to drive it passed this point for fear of dead battery/ won't be able to start jeep etc. not likening this e-dork system with 48 v battery which I don't think it works at all, I want my alternator back!!!!!
Sponsored