Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Harbor Freight angle grinder, on sale now for $14.99.
Hmm, if HF got a sale on a tool I might just have to do some investing. I'm thinking companies that produce sterile gauze pads and class action law firms?

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
I wouldn't expect it to do much in a real rollover. Thankfully for the most part, Jeep rollovers are usually slow speed. There is no bonus on the manufacturer to do any safety features like that on a convertible. I mean, look at any other convertible, they have nothing. .................
Some convertibles have deployable roll bars. The porsche 911 cabrio does for example. There is a massive spring loaded assembly behind the rear seats that punches two roll bars through an interior panel if a roll over is sensed. On the 996 generation they would sometimes deploy if you got air in a straight line. The boxster has fixed roll hoops, but they are arguably too low.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is this?! 1659702558847

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Some convertibles have deployable roll bars. The porsche 911 cabrio does for example. There is a massive spring loaded assembly behind the rear seats that punches two roll bars through an interior panel. The boxster has fixed roll hoops that are arguable too low.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is this?! 1659702558847
Should I edit my post to mention there is a couple? Lol. For the most part, convertibles don't have head protection.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
The same question went around on JT side earlier, supposedly for crash and or roll over.
Sponsored