Sponsored

What hardware needed for Roam frame mounted rails?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@LowBama - did you get what you needed on the bolt sizes?
Sponsored

OP
OP

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Awsome. Thanks you for that! Just got done putting my Mopar longer LCAs on. First free weekend with the Jeep so trying to get some wrenching done.

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
glad to help.
i have longer LCAs on the way for my '20 JLUR. give me a poke after you test drive it to see if you think the LCAs made any improvement.

OP
OP

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I took it for a spin. I think it did help, but then I didnt have a major complaint with the arresting to start with. I just like to polish the apple. No doubt I will eventually get a synergy track bar and brace eventually just because.

My next big project is making head liners. I already got the material. I found a neoprene headliner material that matches my saddle interior. I’m going to use magnets to old them in as opposed to Velcro. Going to Gorela tape small 3/16 metal flat bar pieces to fiberglass top and screw 3/16 niobium magnets to headliner panels.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Going to Gorela tape small 3/16 metal flat bar pieces to fiberglass top and screw 3/16 niobium magnets to headliner panels.
Will the heat from the roof soften the glue on the tape and cause it not to stick?

OP
OP

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
It shouldn’t. It’s pretty serious stuff. All the commercial headliner kits are held up with some type of adhesives strips wether it’s adhesive Velcro strips or direct adhesive strips. My backup plan to the double sided tape is to use epoxy glue like JB Weld to hold the metal pads to the fiberglass. I want to try the least permanent solution first.