What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Just Jed

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John Deere
I have diode dynamics max pro fogs and they don’t touch. Not sure if that helps…

jadmt

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 wrangler rubicon w/AEV 2.5 dualsport lift
Do your's fit hard against the fog light plugs? Mine do, not sure that is ideal.
yes and I agree not a good thing. I will probably put a spacer in but that will push them out even further

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
what are these measurements? kind of an accurate way to compare against other lifts...
IMG_0527-2.jpg
Top of Axle tube to bottom of upper spring cup lip: 13.75"
Shock bolt to bolt: 22.5"

Steemax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xE
Did my first non Jeep wave oil change at home using Penzoil ultra platinum and OEM filter. I just have to say, it was my first time using one of those oil pans that double as a container and my god are they terrible. Does not drain the oil nearly fast enough into the reservoir. Needless to say I had oil everywhere. Nothing some Dawn soap couldn’t fix at least. Now I have a stain in my garage. Oh well lesson learned. That’s the first time I’ve spilled oil in 6 years of changing my own oil.

Here’s a front pic and a booty pic since I thought she looked good after the oil change.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3759
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3756

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Did my first non Jeep wave oil change at home using Penzoil ultra platinum and OEM filter. I just have to say, it was my first time using one of those oil pans that double as a container and my god are they terrible. Does not drain the oil nearly fast enough into the reservoir. Needless to say I had oil everywhere. Nothing some Dawn soap couldn’t fix at least. Now I have a stain in my garage. Oh well lesson learned. That’s the first time I’ve spilled oil in 6 years of changing my own oil.

Here’s a front pic and a booty pic since I thought she looked good after the oil change.

A little late for this time, but I keep extra cardboard in the garage that I toss down under whatever vehicle I am working on to to be the first barrier against spills. Moving boxes, large appliance boxes, etc are the ticket!

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic

Degreaser and a brush should get those stains out.

Steemax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xE
A little late for this time, but I keep extra cardboard in the garage that I toss down under whatever vehicle I am working on to to be the first barrier against spills. Moving boxes, large appliance boxes, etc are the ticket!
Lesson learned... I've become to confident in myself over the years, never skimp on the prep work I suppose.

Degreaser and a brush should get those stains out.
That's exactly what I did, although I didn't have degreaser I mixed Dawn with hot water and used a stiff brush and kept working at it. Most of it came out but you can tell something had spilled there.

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20240506_142807874

Finally got around to installing the rear fender flare yesterday.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20240506_151226633_HDR

Starting to look "normal"... Definitely going to have to fix that shortly!

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Lesson learned... I've become to confident in myself over the years, never skimp on the prep work I suppose.
I am a klutz and Mr. Murphy lives here full-time. If there's a way to make a mess, I'll find it. Hence, the cardboard collection.~

Canes_JL

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4xe / 2023 Rubicon XR
Clubs

During the first month of ownership went to URE twice. In addition to ripping off the plastic “skid” the steering stabilizer took a beating. Decided to jump on the AEV/Bilstein bandwagon. Big difference from what I had before. Relocation bracket already in the works. Been driving like this for nearly a year. ?

I’ve been considering Bilstein 5100’s so this was the beginning I reckon.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2370

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2369

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2367

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2368

Last edited:

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Do you have yours mounted somewhere in your Jeep? I want to mount this up somewhere but because if it's odd shape that may be difficult

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2368
At first glance, I thought this was a baton lol.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 2017 WK2, 2018 JLU, 2022 JTOD
Got the sunrider back on Wifey’s new JLUW and decided to park it next to mine as we haven’t compared since I did all the work to it. Slowly been adding all the stuff I took off her 18 when we traded it in. She’s getting a front bumper for Mother’s Day then I think it’ll be a few till she gets her next round of mods. Only had this thing for 6 weeks ?
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6735
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6732

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

Is there another opening that you can open to “vent” the container? My pan can not absorb fast enough if not vented… and even if vented, if there is a really fast flow sometimes it still “burps” and splashes a bit. Those containers are a compromise?

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Got the sunrider back on Wifey’s new JLUW and decided to park it next to mine as we haven’t compared since I did all the work to it. Slowly been adding all the stuff I took off her 18 when we traded it in. She’s getting a front bumper for Mother’s Day then I think it’ll be a few till she gets her next round of mods. Only had this thing for 6 weeks ?
That Earl looks great. Hope she likes it

Steemax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xE
Is there another opening that you can open to “vent” the container? My pan can not absorb fast enough if not vented… and even if vented, if there is a really fast flow sometimes it still “burps” and splashes a bit. Those containers are a compromise?
I opened the only vent hole, there was another “fake” one that looks like can be drilled out. Well I’m just going to back to tried and true tub lol. I’ve always just used a cement mixing tub lol. Hasn’t failed me and large enough you just can’t miss.