Merchant Marine

gahammerle

First Name
Gordy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, and replaced the latch on the tailgate. Now, no more manually locking/unlocking the tailgate.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Opened up the hood to do an inspection after the wild weather I drove through chasing storms on Saturday just to make sure nothing shook loose. All was good until I saw this:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230628_190630 - Copy

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230628_190642 - Copy

No idea if it popped open on its own as it's gotten hotter out (it was a tight fit to snap back on at first, but after wiping the cap and reservoir opening down with a wet towel it snapped back on easily) or if I somehow missed it during my delivery inspections last year and subsequent ones over the past few months...which would mean it's been this way for over 8 months 😳🤣

Looks like that area was completely dry from water somehow and no spraying of washer fluid anywhere except around the opening of the reservoir tank. No pollutants appear to have gotten into the tank either...think I lucked out.

I need to check on stuff more often than after chasing storms 🙃

Also, I found an engine RFID sticker peeling off the top of engine from its build process. Gonna add that to the odd collection of mementos I've acquired over the years of purchasing vehicles 😆

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Opened up the hood to do an inspection after the wild weather I drove through chasing storms on Saturday just to make sure nothing shook loose. All was good until I saw this:

20230628_190630 - Copy.jpg

20230628_190642 - Copy.jpg

No idea if it popped open on its own as it's gotten hotter out (it was a tight fit to snap back on at first, but after wiping the cap and reservoir opening down with a wet towel it snapped back on easily) or if I somehow missed it during my delivery inspections last year and subsequent ones over the past few months...which would mean it's been this way for over 8 months 😳🤣

Looks like that area was completely dry from water somehow and no spraying of washer fluid anywhere except around the opening of the reservoir tank. No pollutants appear to have gotten into the tank either...think I lucked out.

I need to check on stuff more often than after chasing storms 🙃

Also, I found an engine RFID sticker peeling off the top of engine from its build process. Gonna add that to the odd collection of mementos I've acquired over the years of purchasing vehicles 😆
@MayThe4x4BWU

On JL's and JT's, that popping open of the windshield washer reservoir cap does seem to happen on occasion.. I've seen it happen on many 2018-2023's.

Funny, some of us first 2018 JL owner's on the forum, even drilled a small hole in the top of that yellow fill cap thinking pressure made the cap pop so why not drill a hole so pressure would be allowed to escape.

Anyway, after working with/on JL's for a couple of years, I realized that I did not need to have a hole in the cap and my Tech buddy gave me a new windshield wiper cap which I installed on my 2018.

HINT: To keep that windshield fill cap from ever popping up ....... just after you press it down firmly so it secures... ROTATE THE CAP as shown in the picture below.

That part of the yellow cap, once under that black connector, will keep the cap from ever being allowed to pop open.. Yes, to open the cap, first rotate so it is clear of the black connector.

Last edited:

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
@MayThe4x4BWU

On JL's and JT's, that popping open of the windshield washer reservoir cap does seem to happen on occasion.. I've seen it happen on many 2018-2023's.

Funny, some of us first 2018 JL owner's on the forum, even drilled a small hole in the top of that yellow fill cap thinking pressure made the cap pop so why not drill a hole so pressure would be allowed to escape.

Anyway, after working with/on JL's for a couple of years, I realized that I did not need to have a hole in the cap and my Tech buddy gave me a new windshield wiper cap which I installed on my 2018.

HINT: To keep that windshield fill cap from ever popping up ....... just after you press it down firmly so it secures... ROTATE THE CAP as shown in the picture below.

That part of the yellow cap, once under that black connector, will keep the cap from ever being allowed to pop open.. Yes, to open the cap, first rotate so it is clear of the black connector.

Hah, I actually thought about doing that, but wasn't sure if it would mess with the connector in some way. I'll give it a try. Thanks! 😁

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Bestop Sunrider installed today.

IMG_1735.jpeg
You are going to love it! Consider taking the eye sore warning sticker off of it while the sticker is new and comes off easily..

The Bestop logo also pulls off easily while new ... Logo pulls off and there is no blem, holes, etc. under the logo that is secured with double sided tape.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Added some more BoH jewelery:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20230630_210831101_iOS

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
Started out with one of the easier trails I see...... 😉
Figured if we did the Rubicon first, the rest wouldn't be too intimidating.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
I finally got around to getting my door hangers installed. Then i proceeded to test out the new hangers taking the doors off for the long holiday weekend!

IMG_20230629_133847752.jpg

IMG_20230629_133905432_HDR.jpg
nice door hangers but u have them hangin incorrect
they should be sitting on that outside lip in the window track . thats why they are made the way they are ill see if i have pix if not youll figure it out
nowhere near the gasket and paint like u have
and everyone does it like that because thats how its shown when buying them
i allllways cringe when i see the doors like that - sadly i have no photos but next time im near the doors i will upload the correct way they should sit
happy weekend every!

oh and for those who want to have padding behind the doors - this stuff is GREAT
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NLQSBPT/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
its what i had behind the doors at each armrest before i just hung a big moving blanket on the entire wall . and those pads stuck to the block wall without any issue

Last edited: