What Control Arms should I buy?

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
So with this you and everything else stock for now, huge returns on my investment?
Honestly, Metalcloak level of quality probably not neccessary if you plan to keep everything else stock. I've been extremely happy with mine though as they will improve the ride, even on a stock rig, due to superior bushing design
Sponsored

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure maybe someone can chime in and answer for us.
I’m no expert but I’d say it probably isn’t necessary.

I have read where people claim the fixed lower control arms that come with their 2” Mopar lift improve handling by shifting the caster angle a bit. If I were stock I’d probably just look for someone selling a set and call it a day.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I'm not sure maybe someone can chime in and answer for us.
In your case, since you have a Rubicon (stock I assume), it should help with the straight line tracking, nothing else. The arms from the Mopar lift made a noticeable difference in how my Rubicon drives.

Sponsored

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
There really is no need to lift a JL Rubicon unless you are going to larger diameter tires (37inch). In most cases you can run 35” tires with no lift or maybe some spring spacers (1/2”-3/4”) with 35” tires.
Core 4x4 makes some really nice control arms.
Clayton off road makes some control arms with duel durometer bushings which are similar to the factory control arm bushings but far superior in quality. These will provide a very good on highway comfort ride also providing great off road flex. Check them out, this might be perfect for your needs.
My Jeep: 2020 4 door Rubicon with 3.6 Gas Auto.
What I am doing: Mopar 2" lift kit for Rubicon.
What is recommended in the Wrangler forums: " you'll want to install an adjustable front 'control arm' with that lift kit.'

Question: For those Jeep owners who have done the "Mopar 2 inch lift kit" (keeping the stock wheels and tire size) what 'control arm' manufacturer (make/model) did you go with, and what has been your ride/steering experience after the install ? Any issues afterwards?

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you're looking for a quality set of adjustable control arms definitely check out our complete Overland Plus control arm kit! Our arms feature the same tire clearance bends as your factory arms for maximum clearance with larger sized tires, a matte black zinc-rich powder coating to help fight against rust and corrosion, completely maintenance-free Giiro joints and bushings that help to soak up road noise and vibrations on road, and provide all of the flex and misalignment needed for off-road use! Of course all of our products are made right in the USA and come backed by our lifetime guarantee against bending or breaking! :)

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-overland-control-arm-kit-2018-jl

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure the kit has to be installed by the dealer to retain the warranty. Was that your plan?

I'm not saying not to get a lift - but if you don't need it, why bother right now? You can just add a winch and some good recovery gear to get out of most situations. Stock JLURs have successfully made it down the Rubicon trail with just that setup. It doesn't sound like you're planning anything near that difficult.

Keep in mind that some Jeep owners get a lift, then they find they need to add all these other components, not included in the lift kit. Then if they have any steering issues, they start chasing problems and throwing more money into more parts. It can happen. Just so you're prepared...
can happen??? Lol that’s hilarious... it definitely happens:)

Sponsored