Weathertech Floor Liners

jrizz1

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I ordered a White Sahara with the tan leather seats. I am going to get the Weathertech Floor Liners and rear mat. Did anyone who has the Weathertech with tan seats get TAN floor liners instead of black. I want to see how close in color they are. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

sprk33

First Name
Joseph Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL
here are mine....I thought they look good...

20180508_115410.jpg

20180508_115348.jpg

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Do you happen to know if these Weathertech mats go higher up the transmission tunnel than the Mopar ones? They seem to,which I like.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Do you happen to know if these Weathertech mats go higher up the transmission tunnel than the Mopar ones? They seem to,which I like.
Yes, they do and quite a bit more. If you are in snow country or get muddy, horse chitt on your boots, etc., the WeatherTech's are for you.

The fit in the JL/JLU in regard to the WeatherTech's is superb.

I ran WeatherTech's in my JK's for 11+ years. They are real nice..

The fastening system for the WeatherTech's in the JL is very good compared to the iffy fastening things they had for the JK.

Tried the WeatherTechs' in my JL but then opted to go with Husky X-act Contours. They do not offer quite the protection that the WeatherTech's do but they are prettier / softer 8-) and to me feel so much better under your feet. They fit well also.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Very good to know, thank you! I have big feet and they tend to mess up carpet with mud/snow very quickly. I had Weathertech in truck and loved them. Have the cheaper/older version of Husky in my car and hate them. Terrible fit and they don't stay close to the floor pan. They sort of pull away.
I have heard good things about the X-act though. I will check out too.

Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
In the past we’ve used Weathertech for all of our vehicles. This time we decided to go with MaxLiner. Much better than the ones from Mopar, plus the go way up under the back seat. At this time I believe they only come in black.

1C0F92AD-F772-4FE0-AE09-F52F355B325F.jpeg

75A5D8CA-3CB1-4859-9B73-F305637B715A.jpeg

A51458B6-662F-47B5-B0D2-AA1CCCB99B08.jpeg

4F4F7BB0-D080-45F2-A60A-B696ED429D72.jpeg

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
In the past we’ve used Weathertech for all of our vehicles. This time we decided to go with MaxLiner. Much better than the ones from Mopar, plus the go way up under the back seat. At this time I believe they only come in black.

1C0F92AD-F772-4FE0-AE09-F52F355B325F.jpeg

75A5D8CA-3CB1-4859-9B73-F305637B715A.jpeg

A51458B6-662F-47B5-B0D2-AA1CCCB99B08.jpeg

4F4F7BB0-D080-45F2-A60A-B696ED429D72.jpeg
Have had MAXLiner in all my cars....Love them way better than WeatherTech!

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I had Maxliner's in my 2017 RAM since they were significiently cheaper than the Husky's and Weathertechs. I had absolutely no complaints. I would have got them again but I like the Mopar ones this time around (thought they were terrible on the JK's).

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Had never heard of Maxliner before this thread. Ordered a set for $130 shipped. I'll add them to my pile of accessories waiting on their Jeep.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
"Better" is a relative term. When you consider that the pricing on the Mopar kit is about half of the WeatherTech kit, it's pretty easy to live with the very small decrease in carpet coverage in my opinion.

I've used Husky, WeatherTech, Michelin EdgeLiner, and now the Mopar. For the price, it's kind of hard to beat these Mopar ones. $95 delivered.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned Weathertechs in multiple cars and I would really suggest looking at the Mopars instead of the WTs. I honestly think they blow the WTs out of the water, not even including the fact that they have built in drain plugs. They look better, they're better textured, they're more affordable.

Also, I've got tan leather so I feel compelled to give my opinion, I think the tan WTs look completely out of place, or over the top. I've had tan carpets before in a Lexus and they were constantly dirty as well. I'd imagine the WTs by way of being plastic will look even dirtier more quickly. That was one of my biggest pet peeves about my Lexus; tan carpets.

That is a LOT of tan and it's not even the exact same color.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
snipe:
I've owned Weathertechs in multiple cars and I would really suggest looking at the Mopars instead of the WTs. I honestly think they blow the WTs out of the water, not even including the fact that they have built in drain plugs. They look better, they're better textured, they're more affordable.
@swozey

Yeah sure........ "built in drain plugs" that are lets say a total failure in many ways. Tout the Mopar mat if you like but ....

As for the WeatherTechs... out of all the mat offerings for the JL/JLU, the WeatherTech's provide far better coverage / protection then any other.

No, I don't care for the feel of them under the feet but.. By the way, I do not have WeatherTech's but I think they are better looking the the Mopar offering. We all have opinions of what is what...

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, they do and quite a bit more. If you are in snow country or get muddy, horse chitt on your boots, etc., the WeatherTech's are for you.

The fit in the JL/JLU in regard to the WeatherTech's is superb.

I ran WeatherTech's in my JK's for 11+ years. They are real nice..

The fastening system for the WeatherTech's in the JL is very good compared to the iffy fastening things they had for the JK.

Tried the WeatherTechs' in my JL but then opted to go with Husky X-act Contours. They do not offer quite the protection that the WeatherTech's do but they are prettier / softer 8-) and to me feel so much better under your feet. They fit well also.

Did the Huskys ever smooth out for you? I can't remember if it was you or someone else who talked about or showed pictures of them "bunching"...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the Huskys ever smooth out for you? I can't remember if it was you or someone else who talked about or showed pictures of them "bunching"...
Yes, I was one of a two or three guys that posted when we installed right after the Husky X-act Contours for the front became available. Mine settled down with in a day or so ... when the hot floor / sun got to them. They look very decent.

For the record, I would prefer them even with some bunching. I ran the WeatherTech's in my JL for a few weeks and the Husky's just have a better under foot feel. They wipe up / clean up easily. Not slippery at all. Better looking too.

Were I concerned in regard to wanting the best coverage / protection for heavy snow, mud, etc. I would only be running WeatherTech's. That is a mat that provides the best protection in my opinion.

Sponsored