Sponsored

Weathertech Floor Liners

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yes, I was one of a two or three guys that posted when we installed right after the Husky X-act Contours for the front became available. Mine settled down with in a day or so ... when the hot floor / sun got to them. They look very decent.

For the record, I would prefer them even with some bunching. I ran the WeatherTech's in my JL for a few weeks and the Husky's just have a better under foot feel. They wipe up / clean up easily. Not slippery at all. Better looking too.

Were I concerned in regard to wanting the best coverage / protection for heavy snow, mud, etc. I would only be running WeatherTech's. That is a mat that provides the best protection in my opinion.

I had the Husky Xact fit and I'm in the process of returning them. Mine also bunched up and had kinks, not to mention when they clip into the factory plugs they don't sit flush and feel uneven under foot. I'm disspointed, I had Xact fit in my 2015 GMC Sierra dually and loved the softer feel compared to the Weathertech. NowI have the Jeep All Weather mats with drain spigot cut, I don't need the drain feature.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I had the Husky Xact fit and I'm in the process of returning them. Mine also bunched up and had kinks, not to mention when they clip into the factory plugs they don't sit flush and feel uneven under foot. I'm disspointed, I had Xact fit in my 2015 GMC Sierra dually and loved the softer feel compared to the Weathertech. NowI have the Jeep All Weather mats with drain spigot cut, I don't need the drain feature.
Strange, l'm not seeing the negative things you mention.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Had never heard of Maxliner before this thread. Ordered a set for $130 shipped. I'll add them to my pile of accessories waiting on their Jeep.
I think you’ll like them! I sure do. Plus you can get a military discount if your serving or retired for the service.

SWIRVN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (ordered)
Strange, l'm not seeing the negative things you mention.
I echo what JK47 explained. I had the Husky X act in my Sierra as well and they were much heavy rubber and sat flush. When I got them for the JL they were not the same and had kinks and moved. I ordered directly from Husky and returned them. Did the same with the Jeep mats and just cut the plug and reinstalled.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I echo what JK47 explained. I had the Husky X act in my Sierra as well and they were much heavy rubber and sat flush. When I got them for the JL they were not the same and had kinks and moved. I ordered directly from Husky and returned them. Did the same with the Jeep mats and just cut the plug and reinstalled.
Well, again, I'm not seeing what you two saw. I almost want to say you are both full of ____.

Perhaps you two are just real fanboys of the Mopar offering and .....

Unless, I just happened to get a special set of Husky X-act Contour because mine are aok. And, I am very picky about fit, etc..

HogDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2018 JL 2.0T
Well, again, I'm not seeing what you two saw. I almost want to say you are both full of ____.

Unless, I just happened to get a special set of Husky X-act Contour because mine are aok. And, I am very picky about fit, etc..

I agree with Rhinebeck. I too had mentioned the bunching on the initial install. The driver side has leveled out nicely, just a small flex on the passenger side. There are NO issues with movement etc. You just press to anchor them down to the rear posts and they will sit just fine, no movement issues.

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Sorry to burst your bubble, but like I stated earlier I do still have the Husky cargo liner that fits perfect, but it's not from the xact non-contour line.

My first choice was Husky from past experience, but the JL mats i received are a joke.
IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

The video I have show how poorly they fit once snapped into the stock retention pegs, I wish I could upload it here.

I think you're the fanboy, I gave Husky the first shot and they failed, and I've owned Weathertechs before and don't care for how slippery they get when wet with rain or snow, that's why I never bothered with them for years.

EDIT: That's the passenger side after leaving it in for 2 days in 80° weather, the drivers side came out immediately, because it's unevenness around the pegs drove me nuts.

Last edited:

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
I've got the X-act from husky also. I'm not all that thrilled with how there fitting either. I've got the bunching on the sides as well. I've had them for about two weeks and no change. Looks like all be calling them to see if they want them back. I've had husky x-act in about every vehicle I've had and been very happy tell this set.

Kdm6174

First Name
Kym
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I got my Husky liners today (after Weathertech in 2 previous vehicles)...I like the look and feel of them. Waiting for the bunching to relax on the front mats.

I can’t seem to get them to snap into the retention pegs. I’m not the strongest person so after struggling with them, I stood on them and nothing short of jumping up and down on them, could not get them to snap in...what’s the trick? A hammer? Seems a bit much lol

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Kdm6174

Maybe they are having quality control issues at Husky. My mats are aok. Maybe a tiny spot of bunching on the passenger side but it is hardly noticeable. I do not have bunching like was seen in an earlier post here. I did for the first 3 days but then the heat made the bunchies lets say settle down.

Just as with the WeatherTech's I had for my JL, you have to get the female on the mat lined up correctly with the male peg on the floor or it will not want to snap into place.

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
@Kdm6174

Maybe they are having quality control issues at Husky. My mats are aok. Maybe a tiny spot of bunching on the passenger side but it is hardly noticeable. I do not have bunching like was seen in an earlier post here. I did for the first 3 days but then the heat made the bunchies lets say settle down.

Just as with the WeatherTech's I had for my JL, you have to get the female on the mat lined up correctly with the male peg on the floor or it will not want to snap into place.
My pegs were lined up correctly and snapped in solidly, but still would not sit flush with the floor around the anchor points. It almost seems like these mats are thinner and more flimsy than the previous Husky Xact contour mats I've had in different vehicles.

Jlrut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Sahara sold: 2dr Rub ordered 1/17 traded: 2019 2 door picked up 12/27
I've owned Weathertechs in multiple cars and I would really suggest looking at the Mopars instead of the WTs. I honestly think they blow the WTs out of the water, not even including the fact that they have built in drain plugs. They look better, they're better textured, they're more affordable.

Also, I've got tan leather so I feel compelled to give my opinion, I think the tan WTs look completely out of place, or over the top. I've had tan carpets before in a Lexus and they were constantly dirty as well. I'd imagine the WTs by way of being plastic will look even dirtier more quickly. That was one of my biggest pet peeves about my Lexus; tan carpets.

That is a LOT of tan and it's not even the exact same color.
exact same experience with my Lexus. The color showing on their website as tan is NOT the color delivered.....not even close. Still, it was the best option available.
Sponsored