Warranty

Oksunshyn

First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Correction: They have now clarified it's not that it was manufactured in Canada, it was originally sold in Canada. I spoke with the dealer that sold me the Jeep and they verified Carfax shows 17 months still valid on the warranty.

Moved to Oregon in June and bought my 2018 Jeep Sahara with less than 10K miles on it. Last Friday I got the black screen and noticed there was a wire on the top passenger side of my glass not connected. HMMM, maybe it's related? Monday morning it says no key fob detected when I go to start it but the keys are sitting in the cup holder. HMMMM? OK, I'll use the remote start on the fob. Now it says its in gear. HMMMM? Try to use the push start again but it shows its running and now a new message and the windshield wipers start going. WTH? How do I turn it off if it's not running? Call the tow truck, they jump it but still the black screen. Maybe this is all related so, to the dealership it goes. It has less that 13K miles on it and the dealership tells me the battery needs to be replaced and the rear window has to be replaced to fix the defroster BUT here's the kick in the guts...…..my factor warranty is NOT valid because my Jeep was made (originally sold) in Canada. Are you kidding me? $1600 for the back glass and $350 for a battery on a vehicle that has less than 13K miles on it and Jeep isn't going to honor the manufacturers warranty? I'm pretty sure Mercedes as well as several other vehicles are made elsewhere and yet their warranty is still valid. To say I'm pissed is an understatement.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Moved to Oregon in June and bought my 2018 Jeep Sahara with less than 10K miles on it. Last Friday I got the black screen and noticed there was a wire on the top passenger side of my glass not connected. HMMM, maybe it's related? Monday morning it says no key fob detected when I go to start it but the keys are sitting in the cup holder. HMMMM? OK, I'll use the remote start on the fob. Now it says its in gear. HMMMM? Try to use the push start again but it shows its running and now a new message and the windshield wipers start going. WTH? How do I turn it off if it's not running? Call the tow truck, they jump it but still the black screen. Maybe this is all related so, to the dealership it goes. It has less that 13K miles on it and the dealership tells me the battery needs to be replaced and the rear window has to be replaced to fix the defroster BUT here's the kick in the guts...…..my factor warranty is NOT valid because my Jeep was made in Canada. Are you kidding me? $1600 for the back glass and $350 for a battery on a vehicle that has less than 13K miles on it and Jeep isn't going to honor the manufacturers warranty? I'm pretty sure Mercedes as well as several other vehicles are made elsewhere and yet their warranty is still valid. To say I'm pissed is an understatement.
Go to a different dealer. But I would disconnect your battery and check all of your fuses by pressing them down.

Also get FCA on the phone and get a claim started. It’s a North American model not something euro.

BWrubicon

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 2d rubicon
Moved to Oregon in June and bought my 2018 Jeep Sahara with less than 10K miles on it. Last Friday I got the black screen and noticed there was a wire on the top passenger side of my glass not connected. HMMM, maybe it's related? Monday morning it says no key fob detected when I go to start it but the keys are sitting in the cup holder. HMMMM? OK, I'll use the remote start on the fob. Now it says its in gear. HMMMM? Try to use the push start again but it shows its running and now a new message and the windshield wipers start going. WTH? How do I turn it off if it's not running? Call the tow truck, they jump it but still the black screen. Maybe this is all related so, to the dealership it goes. It has less that 13K miles on it and the dealership tells me the battery needs to be replaced and the rear window has to be replaced to fix the defroster BUT here's the kick in the guts...…..my factor warranty is NOT valid because my Jeep was made in Canada. Are you kidding me? $1600 for the back glass and $350 for a battery on a vehicle that has less than 13K miles on it and Jeep isn't going to honor the manufacturers warranty? I'm pretty sure Mercedes as well as several other vehicles are made elsewhere and yet their warranty is still valid. To say I'm pissed is an understatement.
the Wrangler is NOT made in Canada its made in Toledo Ohio

BWrubicon

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl 2d rubicon
the Wrangler is NOT made in Canada its made in Toledo Ohio
I repeat your jeep was not made in Canada no Jeeps are Made in Canada

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
The original repair for the back window wire was to replace the assembly but there is now a TSB and repair kit to reattach the wire. Mine was repaired several months ago with the repair kit and all is well as far as I can tell. No knowledge/input regarding the battery and warranty issue. I would try another dealer as already suggested and try JeepCares via this forum.

Good luck!!
Sponsored