Sponsored

Warn VR10S Winch Discontinued!?!?!

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I have a VR10S on my JL, and I'm looking for one for my wife's JT.

Multiple sites list this as discontinued. Amazon has it, but I don't want to buy one if it was discontinued for a specific reason.

Looking around online, I couldn't find any specific reason or replacement.

Any info around here?

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn VR10S Winch Discontinued!?!?! 1653745684901
Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
As you and ā€œAā€ noted, they are still available.

Iā€™m a Warn fan. Theyā€˜re an Oregon company and I have supported them for more than 40 years, but Iā€™m not a fan of the ā€lower price pointā€œ (aka ā€œChineseā€) options they started branding to increase sales. They are generally still very expensive for what they are, because they sport the Warn name. I donā€™t think they are any better than the other Chinese alternatives, and their failures are damaging the Warn reputation (just as ā€œSearsā€ branded Taiwan tools trashed the Craftsman tool reputation in the 80s).

If youā€™re going to really use the winch, Iā€™d urge you to consider one of the true US-made Warn models or a similar quality level alternative from one of the other premium manufacturers (especially if youā€™ll ever do water-crossings.) If you anticipate little use, there are lots of other, cheaper, Chinese options that folks on this forum report having good luck with, including Harbor Freight, Smittybuilt, and Quadratec.

Evo or Zeon?

The above link is the most favorable comparison I have seen, probably because they sell both and the Evo is their higher-volume seller, but if You talk to the guys at Warn, or the Warn rebuilder in Northern California, theyā€™ll tell you the real difference isnā€™tā€™ in the ā€œfeaturesā€ or line speed: itā€™s is in the guts/weight/steel/durability of the winches, and itā€™s a night and day difference.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Still available - just bought one at 4WP a couple days ago.