Sponsored

Waiting 3 months for radio warranty repair, giving up

• Thread starter Deleted member 59098
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
OP
OP

Deleted member 59098

I love when people whine about electrical problems with the JL and act like the PCM’s on the 4.0L didn’t go out every few years. They were junk and will always be junk.

there is no modern vehicle that can survive full electronic failure. Doesn’t exist.
Yeah but just go to one of a billion chain auto parts stores and get a PCM. Two screws and you're back. 4.0 jeeps are a little bit hyped for being the most reliable things ever, I agree.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yeah but just go to one of a billion chain auto parts stores and get a PCM. Two screws and you're back. 4.0 jeeps are a little bit hyped for being the most reliable things ever, I agree.
lmao, try that. We’re waiting on average 10 days for a PCM for a TJ right now.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Waited for 3.5 months for a backglass last winter, after it literally exploded following a dealer repair. Got tired of waiting, picked up my Jeep from the dealer, telling them I had had enough of the bullshit, and the following day, an aftermarket backglass was being installed at a glass shop.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59098

lmao, try that. We’re waiting on average 10 days for a PCM for a TJ right now.
I'm still in pre covid lala land as far as refurbished parts go. I don't think any 4.0 PCMs are actually new and need chips, just resolder. Maybe 996 workers are saying screw this too.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I'm still in pre covid lala land as far as refurbished parts go. I don't think any 4.0 PCMs are actually new and need chips, just resolder. Maybe 996 workers are saying screw this too.
the major remanufacturers have no stock in parts. Covid has nothing to do with it, they’ve just run out. Gotta ship ours off to some yahoo in Texas.

Sponsored

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
So I ordered a Teyes CC3 6gigs of ram and 128 gigs of storage (their top) on Nov 11, for Dec 11 delivery and was bounced back, was not allowed in the USA. they said that they could not resend
gave me all my money back, asked if I could reorder and they said that they could not guarantee it would not happen again, bummer. I will try mid-January again hopefully it was the holidays that caused the problem, to many parcels or something.
Sponsored