Sponsored

Vroom question

fogby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
I'm selling a vehicle to Vroom. We have the title in hand. They requested that I fedex the title to them before pickup. Is this standard practice for Vroom?

I've sold cars to Carvana before & they get the title upon pickup. Vroom's process has me a little concerned, but maybe they are concerned about fraudulent titles being given to carrier at time of pickup???

Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Standard. Once they have the title, they'll coordinate a pick up of your vehicle which can take a few business days. Once the vehicle is picked up, they usually send you a check next day.

DB2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara Altitude, 12 VW Beetle, 08 Honda Fit
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Security & Architecture
I'm selling a vehicle to Vroom. We have the title in hand. They requested that I fedex the title to them before pickup. Is this standard practice for Vroom?

I've sold cars to Carvana before & they get the title upon pickup. Vroom's process has me a little concerned, but maybe they are concerned about fraudulent titles being given to carrier at time of pickup???

Thanks for any insight.
their FAQ entry…. https://www.vroom.com/marketing/contact?articleId=ka02G000000TocIQAS

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Thanks for any insight.
That is how they operate.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I’ve seen that is standard for them. I just sold my JKU private party for $13k more than Vroom offered. I’ve seen a bunch of good stories from people selling to Vroom, Carvana, etc. but for whatever reason we got low-ball offers from them. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve seen that is standard for them. I just sold my JKU private party for $13k more than Vroom offered. I’ve seen a bunch of good stories from people selling to Vroom, Carvana, etc. but for whatever reason we got low-ball offers from them. 🤷‍♂️
The car market is insane.

It a algorithm. I shopped my '19 JLR to all of the usual online dealers and to a few local dealers. I shopped it around for a few months. Sometimes Carmax was the highest. Other times Carvana or Vroom. It went back and forth. Vroom offered the highest price a few months later when I decided to sell. Vroom was new and I did not know much abut them. I was actually very skeptical as a result. I took a chance because their price was $3K more than Carmax back then. It was a longer process than Carmax and Carvana but everything worked out exactly like they said. I would not hesitate using Vroom again.

To this day I still can't believe they paid me more than what I originally paid all-in. They bought it for just under the original msrp. I looked it up on the Vroom website and they had it listed for over my original msrp. It sold in about a week. Crazy!

I ordered a '22 JLR in Nov 2021. I got really lucky timing wise with the '22. Affiliate was discontinued in Oct 2021 for the Wrangler when the 2022 order banks opened. It was reinstaited again the first week of Jan 2022. A week before I took delivery. My dealer gave me another 1%-under invoice in addition to our agreed selling price. Then the price of my '22 JLR went up almost $2K just 3-days after I took delivery. I only had to add about $1300 for my '22 JLR. Not bad for a full 3-model years newer.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
The car market is insane.

It a algorithm. I shopped my '19 JLR to all of the usual online dealers and to a few local dealers. I shopped it around for a few months. Sometimes Carmax was the highest. Other times Carvana or Vroom. It went back and forth. Vroom offered the highest price a few months later when I decided to sell. Vroom was new and I did not know much abut them. I was actually very skeptical as a result. I took a chance because their price was $3K more than Carmax back then. It was a longer process than Carmax and Carvana but everything worked out exactly like they said. I would not hesitate using Vroom again.

To this day I still can't believe they paid me more than what I originally paid all-in. They bought it for just under the original msrp. I looked it up on the Vroom website and they had it listed for over my original msrp. It sold in about a week. Crazy!

I ordered a '22 JLR in Nov 2021. I got really lucky timing wise with the '22. Affiliate was discontinued in Oct 2021 for the Wrangler when the 2022 order banks opened. It was reinstaited again the first week of Jan 2022. A week before I took delivery. My dealer gave me another 1%-under invoice in addition to our agreed selling price. Then the price of my '22 JLR went up almost $2K just 3-days after I took delivery. I only had to add about $1300 for my '22 JLR. Not bad for a full 3-model years newer.
That worked out well. I shopped our JKU around as well. First contacted the dealer/manager where we purchased my wife's '20 GC High Altitude. They sponsor the local Jeep club, have a good service department, and gave us a really good deal on her GC (about $10k off sticker). They offered $29k for our Wrangler, and when I let them know I received a $33.5k offer from another dealer, they never bothered to return my messages or calls. So I ordered with that dealer. Kept shopping it around to other dealers and most offers were $30-$32k. Carmax was $29k, Carvana was $27k and Vroom was $24.5k. I sold it for $37k to the first person who came to look at. That netted me enough to cover the sales tax break on our '22 that I would've received trading in plus some.

OP
OP

fogby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Yeah, this market is insane. I'm selling them a 2019 Land Cruiser with 40k miles and getting more than I paid for it originally when new. I have no desire to sell the LC, but just can't pass up using a vehicle for 2.5 years and putting money in my pocket.

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2022 JLU Sport S
I looked it up on the Vroom website and they had it listed for over my original msrp. It sold in about a week. Crazy!
How long after they took possession was it before they put it up for sale? And how did you look it up - did you search by VIN?

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
Vroom was great to me. Originally bought my 21 JLUW for $44.5k in Dec 20. Sold to Vroom in Nov 21 for $48.5k. No issues at all. Vroom paid off my Chrysler Capital loan and direct deposited the difference to my bank in about 3 days after pickup. They are a little less automated than Carvana, but no issues to speak of.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long after they took possession was it before they put it up for sale? And how did you look it up - did you search by VIN?
I just went on Vroom's website and searched for 2-door Rubicons by year or something. There were not many, about 3-4 back then. Mine was listed on their website the same day I got the check. It was listed by VIN with a caption that said "available soon" or something like that. About 3 days later the actual pics of it were on their website. They must have looked it over pretty good. They only found a single flaw. They found a very-very small imperfection from a tiny rock in the paint protection film around the windshield frame. That was the only flaw noted on the description. Overall I think they were accurate with their assessment of condition. It sold really fast. It was listed as "sale pending" a couple of days after that and gone from the website within a few more days. I was shocked it sold for more than the original MSRP.

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2022 JLU Sport S
Thanks for the response - just checked the website and found our old JKU - looks like they've got it priced about $3K more than they gave us. It'll be interesting to watch it and see how long it takes to sell!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response - just checked the website and found our old JKU - looks like they've got it priced about $3K more than they gave us. It'll be interesting to watch it and see how long it takes to sell!
Cars are still in pretty short supply. Around here anyway. I bet it sells in 1-2 weeks.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Can someone tell me how they verify vehicle conditions after they pick up? My concern is selling an off-road vehicle there will be lots of “damage” outside of a Prius situation, especially the undercarriage. Do they even care? If there is a discrepancy how do they handle?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can someone tell me how they verify vehicle conditions after they pick up? My concern is selling an off-road vehicle there will be lots of “damage” outside of a Prius situation, especially the undercarriage. Do they even care? If there is a discrepancy how do they handle?
Be totally honest.

They ask pretty specific questions about damage. They rely on you to be totally honest. They inspect he car at intake. Not sure if they actually look underneith though? They can nullify the contract-deal if they determine there is damaged you were not truthful about. I think I remember there was language in the contract about charging back fees for pick up or something also?

Or take it to Carmax. They lift the vehicle and inspect cars on the spot. Their offers are based on their own inspections. It's on them if they don't catch something.
Sponsored