Sponsored

VR10S Install- Skid Plate Question

theox05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former:18 JLUR, 18 BMW M4, 981 GT4 Now: 21 JLUR XR
Installed the VR10S winch last night, everything went pretty much according to plan (other than the fairlead bolts not being long enough), but when I reattached the skid plate the middle 3 bolts seem to not have any backing. The four corners went on fine and, to be honest, I was paying more attention to those since there seemed to be fitment issues, but the front three bolt holes seem to go nowhere. No threads behind them now. It was about midnight, so I didn't want to remove the skid plate and start over. Anyone seen this before? Where did I go wrong?
Sponsored

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the VR10S winch last night, everything went pretty much according to plan (other than the fairlead bolts not being long enough), but when I reattached the skid plate the middle 3 bolts seem to not have any backing. The four corners went on fine and, to be honest, I was paying more attention to those since there seemed to be fitment issues, but the front three bolt holes seem to go nowhere. No threads behind them now. It was about midnight, so I didn't want to remove the skid plate and start over. Anyone seen this before? Where did I go wrong?
You are talking about the stock steel bumper and skid plate I assume. The skid plate mounts to the bumper with some nutsert clips. When I did mine some of them fell off. Maybe that happened to yours? If so they should be lying around. Just pop them back on once you remove the skid plate and reinstall.

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
You are talking about the stock steel bumper and skid plate I assume. The skid plate mounts to the bumper with some nutsert clips. When I did mine some of them fell off. Maybe that happened to yours? If so they should be lying around. Just pop them back on once you remove the skid plate and reinstall.

^^^^^^^ This, one of mine rolled under my damn tire, had to roll Jeep back a few inches to get it as it was in between the treads

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
One of mine stripped out. Any idea what the part number is for those shitty little things?
6509800AA

I actually have a lot of these laying around when dissecting my bumper to take out fog lights.
Sponsored