UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
2019 JLUR, auto transmission, 3.6L, almost 13,000 miles.

Three days ago, I noticed my Jeep vibrating at idle while in drive. The vibration was noticeable in reverse but not as bad. If on level ground, no vibration in park or neutral. On an incline, the vibration is prevalent in park, neutral, reverse, and drive. No noticeable surging and no RPM fluctuation at idle.

When accelerating from a stop, it seems like it shudders (almost if you let the clutch out too quickly in a manual). During acceleration, you can feel the vibration in the gas pedal. Once cruising, the vibration is not noticeable.

@chevymitchell, can you chime in and provide any details I may have missed?

@JeepCares
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
2019 JLUR, auto transmission, 3.6L, almost 13,000 miles.

Three days ago, I noticed my Jeep vibrating at idle while in drive. The vibration was noticeable in reverse but not as bad. If on level ground, no vibration in park or neutral. On an incline, the vibration is prevalent in park, neutral, reverse, and drive. No noticeable surging and no RPM fluctuation at idle.

When accelerating from a stop, it seems like it shudders (almost if you let the clutch out too quickly in a manual). During acceleration, you can feel the vibration in the gas pedal. Once cruising, the vibration is not noticeable.

@chevymitchell, can you chime in and provide any details I may have missed?

@JeepCares
The only thing I could add is the wobbling crank pulley/balancer. Like I mentioned before, I'm not sure how much wobble is considered acceptable, if any. Yours is definitely wobbling though.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi @UNC Rubicon,

Thank you for tagging us. We have responded to your private message to offer additional assistance with this!

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored