Codymk

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
JLUR 3.6 with 7600 miles.

Got a notice 2 days ago of “start/stop unavailable service stop/start system.

Yesterday when starting after being parked during work the idle was extremely rough (felt like severe misfiring) check engine light was blinking, but when applied throttle it seems to clear up a bit and the check engine light stops blinking but stays illuminated. Plugged in my code reader and had a p0300 random misfire code.

I checked all of the fuses and push down any that were not fully seated as suggested in other posts.

Anyone have any insight on what the issue may be? Up to this point never had an issue with the JL.
Sponsored

Donack31

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S

Yesterday when starting after being parked during work the idle was extremely rough (felt like severe misfiring) check engine light was blinking, but when applied throttle it seems to clear up a bit and the check engine light stops blinking but stays illuminated. Plugged in my code reader and had a p0300 random misfire code.

I checked all of the fuses and push down any that were not fully seated as suggested in other posts.

Anyone have any insight on what the issue may be? Up to this point never had an issue with the JL.
What ever ended up being the cause? I have a 2019 sport with 2500mi on it . been in shop 12 days now .They replaced a computer and the O2 sensors so far. Still acting up they said though. Same symptoms as yours. Thanks .

Jennitran

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda

Anyone have any insight on what the issue may be? Up to this point never had an issue with the JL.Visit Autoguysland to review how long we can drive with misfiring cylinder that you may concern.
Blinking check engine light is the car telling you something is seriously wrong, it may be misfiring. One of causes make engine misfiring that could be ignition control module. I think you should check it.
Sponsored