Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used the JK version of the AEV Borah rim on the JL yet? I know the JL version of the AEV Borah rim has a slightly bigger center opening to accommodate the larger camera. I called AEV and they confirmed that the JK version of the rim will be a tight squeeze on the camera but there may be people who have found a work around. Anybody do this yet?
Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Has anyone used the JK version of the AEV Borah rim on the JL yet? I know the JL version of the AEV Borah rim has a slightly bigger center opening to accommodate the larger camera. I called AEV and they confirmed that the JK version of the rim will be a tight squeeze on the camera but there may be people who have found a work around. Anybody do this yet?
I’m running the JK Borah. It’s gonna be a snug fit on the factory tire carrier, but it will fit. I sanded mine down just a tad and it seemed to help.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running the JK Borah. It’s gonna be a snug fit on the factory tire carrier, but it will fit. I sanded mine down just a tad and it seemed to help.
Thanks! Overall I like the look of the JK version much better, it sticks out perfectly from the fender. I called AEV and they said that the reason the JL is a totally different rim is they need their rims to keep a factory tire position in terms of sticking out from the fenders. That way they can have vendors in all 50 states. Some states will not allow tires to go past the fenders which means those dealers in those states can't stick a JK version on a JL and be legal.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Thanks! Overall I like the look of the JK version much better, it sticks out perfectly from the fender. I called AEV and they said that the reason the JL is a totally different rim is they need their rims to keep a factory tire position in terms of sticking out from the fenders. That way they can have vendors in all 50 states. Some states will not allow tires to go past the fenders which means those dealers in those states can't stick a JK version on a JL and be legal.
I agree, the JK fit looks way better on the JL. I’ve been running mine with no issues, and I Love the Spent Brass finish.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Where do you sand?