BigRed23

BigRed23

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
  • There is no rush to you implementing things. It sounds like you have some vision of what you want your vehicle to look like and do beyond stock, but buying impetuously may cause you to have do buy the same thing twice. So look at the linked websites, all forum based for ideas. Use Google images and search for "modded Wrangers" as a starting point for ideas.
  • Recognize and accept that you may at first make some decisions that hindsight finds weren't ideal. It happens. Take care of the things you buy, and retain all the items in (and including the box) it came in so you can sell it used and use the money towards purchases of ideal things.
  • Similarly, considering use the used market to buy things that may have not been ideal to others but might be for you. Whether ebay, this forum or other places, it might be a good way to try an accessory, although caveat emptor (be a cautious buyer).
  • Make a speadsheet of your priorities and their cost. Sleep on it.
  • Don't fail to buy from analysis paralysis either, you can always sell.
Research:

Pictures, Build Journals, Vendors, Suspension, Steering, Chasis, Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Exterior Mods, Underbody, Cargo Carriers, Lights, Off Road, Electronics, Programmers, More off road
Oh my thanks for your time to answer me as detailed, it really has help me talking about it here with all if you, I have always think that I need a jeep buddy you know someone who can guide me, I'm re-reading your post and doing my list and priorities.
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I 2nd the advice to not rush it. The JL is very capable out of the box and anything extra it needs will be very specific to you and your use case. Separate things into "would like" and "need". The "would likes" will come to you first, but with use you'll find "needs" so don't go all-in on the "would likes" right away (unless money is no object).

I'm kind of guilty of not practicing what I preach, but my use case of wilderness overlanding and camping in mountains/desert made some very obvious "needs". Rhino Rack (guaranteed to need to put stuff up there), Ski Rack (absolutely need), Roll Bar Bags (will definitely fill them), Dashboard Device Bar (will definitely want GPS/Phone/Radio handy), Tailgate Tray (will absolutely use it), Compressor (will definitely air up & down), Winch / First Aid Kit / Tire Repair Kit / Fire Extinguisher (hopefully won't need any of them but definitely need the insurance), etc.

So take it easy and wait to find yourself saying "I could really use..." and make it happen.

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I did some quick and easy things first. Gas cap cover, front tire mud guards, Sill guards.

That is it for now. When/if I want to spend a few thousand I would get a more aggressive bumper and rock sliders. These would be mostly for looks so no hurry.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
One of the best things I have gotten, that I have gotten the most use out of is the Exxposed Racks Roof rack. Helped me haul many things in the past 12 months on top of my jeep. Great product and low profile.

OP
OP
BigRed23

BigRed23

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Hi jeep world, I own a JLU2020 and I really want to do some upgrades but is hard to make a solid idea because of too many choices.

Other things that make it harder for me is I only know extreme terrain, quadratec but I hope you guys can give me more websites out there.

I only have an idea of how it should looks but nothing in depth "hard core" lol.
For those who took the time and shared your thoughts an experience i just talked to bestop, and the doors I've been looking at are made only for the jk but bestop have been working on a prototype for jl version.
Jeep Wrangler JL Upgrades ideas -- too many options 20210413_131014
Sponsored