Not open for further replies.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Travis... I live in Fort Mill, SC (a suburb of Charlotte) and may have to check you guys out next year when I get closer to buying my Wrangler. (Still saving up money for it.) Looks like it's only about a 2 hour drive for me. You mention 5%-6% off of orders. What about for current inventory you have on the lot? Should I just refer to your website for those prices? Thanks Travis.
Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was up at Tri-City today to pick up my new Wrangler. It is always hard to recommend a dealer until the deal is completely done because there are always things that can go wrong. Now I can 100% recommend Tri-City with no reservations. It has been a great experience.

My entire family wanted to come pick up the Jeep with me and they couldn't believe how well we were treated. They felt like they were meeting friends of mine who just happened to have a Jeep to sell me. The General Manager Dwayne was literally trying to figure out what else he could do for me to improve my deal as I was signing my paperwork.

Most of the time people just want to know if the deal is as good as advertised. It is. I got exactly what we agreed to and there were some complications where they had to get creative to make that happen. There are a couple of follow-up items and they are bending over backwards to make it convenient for me.

This is not a mega-volume dealer. This is a small-town dealer with a great team that cares about their customers. When you are there you feel like their only customer and you feel good about doing business with them. And the deal can't be beat.

Thanks @Travis@TriCityJeep, Lori, Dwayne, and Leon. I love my Jeep and I have a feeling it won't be the last one I buy and I can't imagine buying from anyone else.
Does the 5-6% below invoice at TriCity require that you finance? Or can you still get that deal paying with cash?

Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Also is it 5% off invoice then add back the $1495 destination fee or 5% off Invoice+Destination? Thx

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
I'm picking up mine soon...we're using our credit union (not a cash buy) and Travis @Travis@TriCityJeep had zero issues/changes to the cost he quoted. Plus, he's been great to work with. ThirtyOne, thank you for letting us all know about Tri City!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just PM-ed Travis. Thanks @ThirtyOne!

Another question: Does the destination fee ($1495) differ from dealership to dealership? And what about a "doc" fee? I get all these fees mixed up!
Destination is on the window sticker. It is set by the factory.

Doc Fee varies by dealer. Most in NC are between $600 - $700. Tri-City is $350.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Destination is on the window sticker. It is set by the factory.

Doc Fee varies by dealer. Most in NC are between $600 - $700. Tri-City is $350.
Got it. Great info, thanks! And it sounds like Tri-City's deal is great. That's a low doc fee. And destination is what it is, so all good.

lagunajim

Got it. Great info, thanks! And it sounds like Tri-City's deal is great. That's a low doc fee. And destination is what it is, so all good.
"That's a low doc fee" ? Ours is $80-120, set by law. You do understand that high doc fee is just another profit bucket for the dealer, right?

Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"That's a low doc fee" ? Ours is $80-120, set by law. You do understand that high doc fee is just another profit bucket for the dealer, right?
I don't mind the dealer making some profit if I get what I want at the price I want with a good experience. I'm fine with a $350 doc fee. Cool?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Doc fees in NC are typically between $600-$700.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Of course it’s set by law. California loves to stick its nose where it doesn’t belong.

You do understand that TriCity is one of the 5 cheapest dealers in the country - even with that “profit bucket”, right?

lagunajim

Fuck you on the California-bashing. You go ahead and have your jealousy over California - I mean we are the #1 tourist destination in the nation so we must have something you people want lol.

Sounds pretty good to me to have a law that stops the dealer from packing on non-negotiable last-minute costs to your purchase and calling it whatever they want.

Not everyone is smart as you to know going in that the dealer is gonna screw them and call it "doc fees" - as if it costs that much to submit a form to DMV lol

So if you get 6% off but they add back on $700 in non-negotiable fees at the end....

And how do you know whether they are "..one of the 5 cheapest dealers in the country..." Have you done a survey with data you can show us?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.