Uconnect Question...

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
When i have my iphone in the car it bluetooth connects to the Uconnect, but when someone texts or a notification comes through there isnt sound from the phone or from the car. If someone calls i get that to come through the screen, but i should be getting text sounds correct? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Could it be that your media sound is muted on your phone?
I haven't had any issues but I'm Android or using on board system.
Hope you find the issue.
Good luck.

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
Latest iPhone is "DND" mode while driving. Turn it off. I haven't, so I don't know how to do it.

Gilroy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Also make sure you go on your Bluetooth connection in the Setting Menu, Click the little "i" button next to UConnect and give it access to show notifications. I'm not sure if this has to be done while connected or not but I wasn't getting texts, read up on why and that has worked for me.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Also make sure you go on your Bluetooth connection in the Setting Menu, Click the little "i" button next to UConnect and give it access to show notifications. I'm not sure if this has to be done while connected or not but I wasn't getting texts, read up on why and that has worked for me.
I have looked around, when i have the phone plugged into the USB and to the phone it works, but thats CarPlay.......im talking about just when the phone is free, or just plugged into the cigarette lighter. Its just complete silence for all notifications. Ill mess around with settings on the Uconnect and see if i can find something. DND is not turned on or anything on my phone.

Sponsored

Gilroy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have looked around, when i have the phone plugged into the USB and to the phone it works, but thats CarPlay.......im talking about just when the phone is free, or just plugged into the cigarette lighter. Its just complete silence for all notifications. Ill mess around with settings on the Uconnect and see if i can find something. DND is not turned on or anything on my phone.
Yeah just the bluetooth connection is what I'm talking about. Totally different when plugged in using carplay. Doing this should allow your messages to come through via bluetooth:

Settings --> Bluetooth --> the tiny blue 'i' next to UConnect on the right --> Allow Notifications.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Yeah just the bluetooth connection is what I'm talking about. Totally different when plugged in using carplay. Doing this should allow your messages to come through via bluetooth:

Settings --> Bluetooth --> the tiny blue 'i' next to UConnect on the right --> Allow Notifications.
OHHHH i see what you mean now! THANK YOU!!!! I just switched it to allow notifications, ill try it when i hop in the jeep. Thanks again!

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Latest iPhone is "DND" mode while driving. Turn it off. I haven't, so I don't know how to do it.
That's not true. You have to enable DND, it's not default.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
OHHHH i see what you mean now! THANK YOU!!!! I just switched it to allow notifications, ill try it when i hop in the jeep. Thanks again!
Ok that didnt work. My phone lights up and shows notifications but there is zero noise from my phone or jeep speakers. The notifications is turned on in bluetooth ‍♂

Paul G

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon
Lurker here and don't yet have a Wrangler. Hopefully will be ordering a 2019 in the next couple of months. In my 2011 Grand Cherokee I see the same behavior unless I'm actually listening to music on the phone. In that situation I will get a notification, but if the phone is just connected via bluetooth and I'm listening to the radio or nothing I won't get a notification. Very frustrating.

Sponsored

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My 2017 Chevy ZR2 did this with Andriod auto as well. It happens in my jeep too. It seems random for me though, sometimes a text will alert me and I can have it read the text and/or reply, other times I find I have 3 texts when I unplug my phone at home. I haven't been able to figure it out either. I use Samsung Galaxy S8 active always plugged in with android auto.

Gilroy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Ok that didnt work. My phone lights up and shows notifications but there is zero noise from my phone or jeep speakers. The notifications is turned on in bluetooth ‍♂
Is your iOS up to date? Also I don't remember if I made that setting change when I was connected via bluetooth at the time or if I did it away from the vehicle. Do you have the Nav Screen? I believe I found the instructions to connect on the electronic manual on my Jeeps CPU. Sorry it didn't fix the issue the first time.

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
If I remember correctly from my JKU, iPhone and UConnect do not play nicely together natively. Apparently FCA chose a communication system that is every phone but iPhone, unlike every other car maker. Because of iPhone's OS and the tight grip Apple has on the iPhone, UConnect can not natively work with iPhone. UConnect requires file level access to interact with the phone messaging. Apple does not allow file level access. Just use CarPlay. It's easy and intuitive. Just say "Hey Siri..." and you are good. You get notifications of messages and phone calls, as well as voicemails. All hands free. Plus you can control the iPod portion of your iPhone via voice command: "Hey Siri, play Toto."