UConnect problems

stephr

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Renegade
Hi there... my display screen in my 2018 Jeep Renegade has been acting funny over the last couple of weeks. It started out just getting weird lines on the display, but today it was completely black/gray. I had no way to connect to Bluetooth.

I bought the car new back in June of 2018 because I had recently become widowed, and with 3 kids, needed a reliable car that wouldn't break down. Not having the ability to connect to bluetooth is a major issue for me, as we take long car trips frequently (well, moreso when COVID isn't a thing) and I prefer being able to hear Google Maps through the speakers. (Plus, it's just a pain to have part of my newer car just stop working).

Looking through old posts, this appears to be a common problem. Does anyone have experience with having this repaired, and are you able to give an approximate cost of how much it took to repair? Money seems to forever be tight, and I hate the thought of having to drop $$$ on a repair so close to Christmas, but I'm not sure I will be able to wait much longer to fix it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Sponsored

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Haven't had that issue. I had a 2015 Grand cherokee and now in a 2020 wrangler. I would guess that if you could reset the computer it might help. That seemingly solves a lot of uconnect issues. Easiest way to do that without a programmer is leave the battery disconnected for a bit. Just note that when you start the car back up, many of the warning lights will come on until you drive for a couple miles.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Although this is a Wrangler forum I suspect you still have the same 3 year/36,000 mile warranty.

If you're under 36k miles I would take it to the dealer where they will likely replace the radio for you.

In the meantime you can crank the volume up on your phone and set it on your lap or in a mount/cup holder with google maps running and possibly still hear the voice guidance. This could hopefully hold you over until the dealer can replace your radio.
Sponsored