Sponsored

uConnect/iPhone music issue

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I posted this down below in the technical section but maybe nobody goes through that door very often, so I figured I'd ask the question here. I have an'18 JLUR with the 8.4" system. I have an XS Max iPhone that I just loaded all of my music on to so I could retire my old touch iPod. The issue I have is that the CarPlay app, while using the phone and actually driving, only allows access to a very small amount of my music... whether it looks at artists, albums, or songs while driving, it only shows "recently listened to" which is kind of funny because I've not even accessed the stuff it is listing since actually burning it to the phone. If stopped and in park, I can see the entirety of what is on the phone. It is odd because when using the iPod, through the Media app in the uConnect, it works flawlessly and the GUI is much, much better than the CarPlay GUI... and I have access to all my music whether in Park or in Drive.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Sponsored

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
I had a weird issue with mine last week for the first time, same setup as yours. When my iPhone was plugged in, I couldn't listen to xm or fm, only CarPlay and the sound was very low. I pulled over since I had a 5 hour drive ahead of me and couldn't figure it out until I rebooted my phone. Phone came back up and everything was back to normal. I conclude the issue was with my iPhone, haven't had any issues with the 8.4 besides that. Always been into car audio stuff and I can say I really really like the Uconnect system.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I had a weird issue with mine last week for the first time, same setup as yours. When my iPhone was plugged in, I couldn't listen to xm or fm, only CarPlay and the sound was very low. I pulled over since I had a 5 hour drive ahead of me and couldn't figure it out until I rebooted my phone. Phone came back up and everything was back to normal. I conclude the issue was with my iPhone, haven't had any issues with the 8.4 besides that. Always been into car audio stuff and I can say I really really like the Uconnect system.
I had this exact problem too. I did a restart of the car and phone to no luck. It just worked correctly the next day after sitting overnight.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
It's supposed to be a safety thing I think. You're supposed to use Siri to access your full library when driving

txroamer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Wrangler (sold to nephew), 2018 JLUR, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 Charger ScatPack 392, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Road Glide
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, safety thing I think. Even on Spotify you can't scroll through long playlists while moving. It'll only show you the next page or so.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Godzilla

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
So what language do you have to use with Siri to access your full library? I've tried every combination I can think of...well, I've not tried Swahili yet. Every time I ask for anything, she responds "I'm not sure what song you want me to play," or something along those lines.

19JLRuby

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
System Engineer
I posted this down below in the technical section but maybe nobody goes through that door very often, so I figured I'd ask the question here. I have an'18 JLUR with the 8.4" system. I have an XS Max iPhone that I just loaded all of my music on to so I could retire my old touch iPod. The issue I have is that the CarPlay app, while using the phone and actually driving, only allows access to a very small amount of my music... whether it looks at artists, albums, or songs while driving, it only shows "recently listened to" which is kind of funny because I've not even accessed the stuff it is listing since actually burning it to the phone. If stopped and in park, I can see the entirety of what is on the phone. It is odd because when using the iPod, through the Media app in the uConnect, it works flawlessly and the GUI is much, much better than the CarPlay GUI... and I have access to all my music whether in Park or in Drive.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
I have a '19 JL Ruby with the 8.4 system and an Iphone 6S with IOS 12.14. I have given up trying to play music from my phone/bluetooth and using the App on my phone is not really important to me. . The Car Play app works well only about 1/2 the time. And when Car Play is working good, it will, for no reason, flash off briefly and usually flashes right back to playing music via Carplay. But other times, and often during the same drive, Carplay will just quit working. I can try to start-restart the Jeep, power the radio off/on, etc. nothing will affect it. Then, all of a sudden, maybe in the same day, maybe a week later, Carplay will mysteriously work again and then its Groundhog day with it again. I'm taking my Ruby in for a recall and going to have them look at upgrading my radio - but I have no hope that there is any fix for it. Yes, it is frustrating, and SO very unexcusable that Fiat, Chrysler, Jeep, or Mopar gives a hoot about this ongoing and frustrating sw issue with the UConnect sw.:puke:
:jk:

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have a '19 JL Ruby with the 8.4 system and an Iphone 6S with IOS 12.14. I have given up trying to play music from my phone/bluetooth and using the App on my phone is not really important to me. . The Car Play app works well only about 1/2 the time. And when Car Play is working good, it will, for no reason, flash off briefly and usually flashes right back to playing music via Carplay. But other times, and often during the same drive, Carplay will just quit working. I can try to start-restart the Jeep, power the radio off/on, etc. nothing will affect it. Then, all of a sudden, maybe in the same day, maybe a week later, Carplay will mysteriously work again and then its Groundhog day with it again. I'm taking my Ruby in for a recall and going to have them look at upgrading my radio - but I have no hope that there is any fix for it. Yes, it is frustrating, and SO very unexcusable that Fiat, Chrysler, Jeep, or Mopar gives a hoot about this ongoing and frustrating sw issue with the UConnect sw.:puke:
:jk:
I believe these problems are caused by Apple CarPlay and the IOS on your phone and are not the fault of the UConnect 8.4 (or FCA.) When the IOS 13 is released later this month it is supposed to fix some of these issues.

EnjoyLife

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado
I believe these problems are caused by Apple CarPlay and the IOS on your phone and are not the fault of the UConnect 8.4 (or FCA.) When the IOS 13 is released later this month it is supposed to fix some of these issues.
I know that in 2 days is technically later this month. I am looking forward to the update