UConnect won’t play most recent iPhone music

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Not sure if you guys have this problem, but it drives me nuts... my Jeep will not play the most recent Bluetooth music I had playing in the car.
For instance let’s say I was playing a podcast. Sometimes I’ll get back in car and it’ll play a song I listened to prior.
Sometimes it’ll just start playing a random playlist of all my music.
Other times it will play an old episode of a podcast I’m not even listening to anymore.

Annoying having to go in every time I turn car on and fix music
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mattyp1214

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I guess I’m only one?

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I guess I’m only one?
I don’t listen to podcasts but I know this problem is not occurring with my music. Every time I get in the car it plays the last thing I was listening to i.e. shuffle my Beatles music. I’m using an iPhone X running iOS 12.1

Rasdanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I’m not sure if this helps or not but when I get back in the car, I press the media button twice and it connects quicker and picks up right where it left off. I have the 5” uconnect.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Have you tried using CarPlay instead of Bluetooth? That’s the way I use my iPhone and have never had this issue. Also let’s you look up playlists on your Uconnect screen instead of on your phone.

Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This is most likely a phone issue. If you have autoplay turned on in the u connect that is just what it is doing. It says"hey bluetooth device PLAY!" If your phone has nothing running because you were watching a youtube video on the toilet, then it wont play anything. Or it might do random stuff because the OS developer hates jeeps.

Updating your phone OS might help. Or a factory reset. Or it just might be a issue with the current version of bluetooth in your firmware.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
This is most likely a phone issue. If you have autoplay turned on in the u connect that is just what it is doing. It says"hey bluetooth device PLAY!" If your phone has nothing running because you were watching a youtube video on the toilet, then it wont play anything. Or it might do random stuff because the OS developer hates jeeps.

Updating your phone OS might help. Or a factory reset. Or it just might be a issue with the current version of bluetooth in your firmware.
I don’t believe “ autoplay” is for Bluetooth, I was told by the Uconnect ppl that autoplay is for when you plug your phone in using a cable, I have added and removed my phone many times to get the music issue resolved with my iPhone which has the latest updates and I don’t have any Uconnect updates, the phone syncs fine and all aspects of it works fine with Bluetooth ( phone, text, music ) but when I get out of it and shut the Jeep off and then get back in and start it upon starting the music defaults to the SAT radio even though the last choice was playing music from the phone, I have tried this with autoplay on and off.

When I had my 2018 Jeep Compass which had the 8.4 it worked as it should but with the 7 it does not and the Uconnect folks seem to not have a clue.

Since getting my Jeep it has occasionally remembered the last choice for music selected but it’s rare and I me rare like maybe one out of every few hundred starts will it remember to play the Bluetooth selected music, I tried doing a soft reset of my system as suggested by the Jeep Wave ppl but that did nothing so when my Jeep goes in for service Monday they are supposed to do a hard reset of the radio whatever that means but I’m sure that will not fix it either

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it always defaults to satellite. But once you select Bluetooth as a source what’s played is up to the Bluetooth device, not Unconnect.

I just have my satellite tuner tuned to station 0 and wait thirty seconds for Bluetooth to connect, then tap the steering wheel source button twice to get to Bluetooth. This is where if you have auto play turned on it Might play some music.

tonythehomie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sport S (manual / 2 door / firecracker red)
Yeah it always defaults to satellite. But once you select Bluetooth as a source what’s played is up to the Bluetooth device, not Unconnect.

I just have my satellite tuner tuned to station 0 and wait thirty seconds for Bluetooth to connect, then tap the steering wheel source button twice to get to Bluetooth. This is where if you have auto play turned on it Might play some music.
I am having the same issue as OP, and have never had this issue in any other car, be it my own, friends, or family.

Do you know if there is a way to make it default to bluetooth instead of the radio?
Perhaps with a tazer...

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It is just the way this radio is set up. There is no default input setting. My wife's Subaru does the same thing. I almost think Sirrius paid them to do it...

I noticed if you turn off the Uconnect radio before shut down, and wait a bit on restart to turn it back on, it will go back to bluetooth or whatever you had it on previously.
Sponsored