First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Technician
I had the same issue where they told me to hit the sos and it would not stop calling. Was at the dealer at the time and the only way they got it to stop was disconnect the battery. Works know but it kept redialing for over 2 hours when it started. Dealer had no idea why it did this.
Is it working now? Now my red light on the SOS button is not lit anymore the last time I did Doug troubleshooting with guardian I had to select SOS from the screen with the same result it did not stop dialing. Tell me do you have hyper flash from LED signal lights? It’s where I narrow it down To when this problem started
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
Two questions. So uconnect will allow remote start? That’s awesome.

Second question and this might seem a little stupid. What if you have a manual transmission. I know obviously if you leave it in gear no you can’t start. But what if you’re parked flat with the emergency brake and leave it in neutral? Will it start?

I know you are supposed to put it in gear (though back in the 90s when I had my manual we never did. I’m just curious if it will start.
good question

Cookiedawg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Is it working now? Now my red light on the SOS button is not lit anymore the last time I did Doug troubleshooting with guardian I had to select SOS from the screen with the same result it did not stop dialing. Tell me do you have hyper flash from LED signal lights? It’s where I narrow it down To when this problem started
It works now. All dealer did was to unplug battery.

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
It works now. All dealer did was to unplug battery.
I did that to stop it from dialing and a few times after anand it still doesn’t work? Did you by any chance have hyper flashing lights at the time?

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Second question and this might seem a little stupid. What if you have a manual transmission. I know obviously if you leave it in gear no you can’t start. But what if you’re parked flat with the emergency brake and leave it in neutral? Will it start?

I know you are supposed to put it in gear (though back in the 90s when I had my manual we never did. I’m just curious if it will start.
Does your Jeep have remote start? The Sirius Guardian does not “add” remote start it just uses the factory remote start that is equipped on the vehicle.

Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Does your Jeep have remote start? The Sirius Guardian does not “add” remote start it just uses the factory remote start that is equipped on the vehicle.
Interesting.

I don’t have one yet. My wife has an Acura RDX. Remote start is a $395 option to do it from the key fob but with Acuralink I can just do it with the phone. So long as I pay the yearly fee for Acura link I don’t need the remote start. Rather start the car from further away anyway.

So Jeep requires the remote start package to allow uconnect to start it?

Cookiedawg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer told me all they did was unplug and replug it back in. They could have reflashed on not told me.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Interesting.

I don’t have one yet. My wife has an Acura RDX. Remote start is a $395 option to do it from the key fob but with Acuralink I can just do it with the phone. So long as I pay the yearly fee for Acura link I don’t need the remote start. Rather start the car from further away anyway.

So Jeep requires the remote start package to allow uconnect to start it?
Manual transmission Jeeps are not equipped with remote start.

PAUL HARRIS

First Name
Baja Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU

Somewhere in the manual it says it does not allow RS on manual transmission.

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Technician
Oh yes it does I started my JL all February & march long with my iPhone from my home and job. It’s Uconnect you have to download the app to your phone set it up with a pin and you’re good to go

Sponsored

MY2020JLUR

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ S & 2020 JLU R
Oh yes it does I started my JL all February & march long with my iPhone from my home and job. It’s Uconnect you have to download the app to your phone set it up with a pin and you’re good to go
I ordered my JLUR with uconnect and remote start. So I wasted money on the remote start! :’(

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
With unconnect you can start it with the app on your phone. That’s better than using the key fob.
I understand how it all works, but sirius guardian is expensive and doesn't always work. Plus you can't start it with sirius guardian if your jeep doesn't have remote start.

MY2020JLUR

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ S & 2020 JLU R
I understand how it all works, but sirius guardian is expensive and doesn't always work. Plus you can't start it with sirius guardian if your jeep doesn't have remote start.
Oh ok. I thought you can start using the app without having the remote start.
Sponsored