U0403 / C1403 Transfer Case Error codes / Service 4WD

xj884x4

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78CJ5, 88XJ, 97ZJ, 02WJ, 04WJ, 05TJ, 19JLUS
U0403 / C1403 Transfer Case Error codes / Service 4WD | 2019 JLUS 3.6L Manual Trans

Is anyone aware of the U0403 and C1403 Tcase error code? Quick search only showed 1 thread related to U0403 which wasn't resolved and no results on C1403. My BlueDriver OBD scanner indicates its related to ABS and no input received from the transfer case module. The "SERV 4WD" light came on and stayed on, and is disabling the front axle disconnect motor so I have no 4WD now. Started up Jeep this AM (31*F out) and drove it 2 miles to get coffee, turned it off, got coffee, started it back up, was backing out of the parking spot and the error popped up. Stayed on all the way to work, 4WD would not engage. Last time it was in 4x4 was about a month ago. At lunch I started it up and the display error was gone. Ran it through the 2H/4H/N/4L positions a few times and drove it, nothing popped up. Very frustrated with this vehicle.

I understand new vehicles have many interlocks and safety system; however, I consider that 4x4 (which is a MECHANICAL system) should always be available and not disabled because of ABS, communication error, electrical lockout or whatever. 4x4 is a safety feature in the winter time and when you need it, you need it.

I will be reaching out to Jeep Cares as this issue is really putting me over the edge for <20k miles.

List of vehicle grievances to date:
1) U0403 Service 4x4 ( new today )
2) C1403 Tcase range position error (new today )
3) P083F Clutch to Master Cylinder A/B correlation issue ( dealer can't solve it ). Disables cruise control and ESS.
4) Engine has severe knock/pre-ignition with 87 & 89 octane regardless of brand.
5) Rear brakes constantly squeel, dealer unable to fix.
6) ESS hasn't worked since this fall, battery continiously charging (even on 3hr trip at 70mph)
7) Front lower driver side speakers resonate with driver knee kick panel when volume > #10 setting. Huge reverb/vibes.
8) Window up/down buttons white paint has scratched off
9) Backup camera intermittnely blue screen or just black or green lines. Maybe TSB 9004017 / 08-003-19 RevB/C will fix it.
10) Steering gets scary on certain bridge crossings at higher speeds. Damper recall needed.

Screenshot_20200131-083521_BlueDriver.jpg

SERV 4WD.jpg
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
U0403 / C1403 Transfer Case Error codes / Service 4WD | 2019 JLUS 3.6L Manual Trans

Is anyone aware of the U0403 and C1403 Tcase error code? Quick search only showed 1 thread related to U0403 which wasn't resolved and no results on C1403. My BlueDriver OBD scanner indicates its related to ABS and no input received from the transfer case module. The "SERV 4WD" light came on and stayed on, and is disabling the front axle disconnect motor so I have no 4WD now. Started up Jeep this AM (31*F out) and drove it 2 miles to get coffee, turned it off, got coffee, started it back up, was backing out of the parking spot and the error popped up. Stayed on all the way to work, 4WD would not engage. Last time it was in 4x4 was about a month ago. At lunch I started it up and the display error was gone. Ran it through the 2H/4H/N/4L positions a few times and drove it, nothing popped up. Very frustrated with this vehicle.

I understand new vehicles have many interlocks and safety system; however, I consider that 4x4 (which is a MECHANICAL system) should always be available and not disabled because of ABS, communication error, electrical lockout or whatever. 4x4 is a safety feature in the winter time and when you need it, you need it.

I will be reaching out to Jeep Cares as this issue is really putting me over the edge for <20k miles.

List of vehicle grievances to date:
1) U0403 Service 4x4 ( new today )
2) C1403 Tcase range position error (new today )
3) P083F Clutch to Master Cylinder A/B correlation issue ( dealer can't solve it ). Disables cruise control and ESS.
4) Engine has severe knock/pre-ignition with 87 & 89 octane regardless of brand.
5) Rear brakes constantly squeel, dealer unable to fix.
6) ESS hasn't worked since this fall, battery continiously charging (even on 3hr trip at 70mph)
7) Front lower driver side speakers resonate with driver knee kick panel when volume > #10 setting. Huge reverb/vibes.
8) Window up/down buttons white paint has scratched off
9) Backup camera intermittnely blue screen or just black or green lines. Maybe TSB 9004017 / 08-003-19 RevB/C will fix it.
10) Steering gets scary on certain bridge crossings at higher speeds. Damper recall needed.

Screenshot_20200131-083521_BlueDriver.jpg

SERV 4WD.jpg
Hey, xj884x4. Our team would definitely like to discuss your concerns further. To clarify, have you visited a certified dealer recently for assistance? To get started, we ask that you send us a private message with additional details. We will keep an eye out for your reply.

Kate
JeepCares

OP
OP
xj884x4

xj884x4

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78CJ5, 88XJ, 97ZJ, 02WJ, 04WJ, 05TJ, 19JLUS
Hi Kate,
Thanks for your reply. I sent you a PM with more details.
Sponsored