First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Photographer
Has anyone experienced the Transfer Case 2WD display flickering while driving, then it go completely out and these two prompts of "4WD System Unavailable" and "Sway Bar Disconnect Unavailable" pop up on the dash?
Still being able to switch between 2WD and 4WD manually with the shifter, but any electronic buttons related to offroad use being disabled until the Jeep is restarted?

It’s been appearing more ’n more, making me think a sensor or connection somewhere down below is getting bad. Or a possible bad wire bundle or one rubbing on something. Idk if it'd be a faulty CAN BUS or ground.

I've wondered if my small aux battery has been bad, as the ESS has been off since 2019. I did not do anything to disable the ESS, but I've let it go on purpose. So I've let that ride out over the years. I wonder if it's finally catching up with other side affects.

I have a 2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon 6spd manual with 70K miles. I’m original owner. Mostly highway miles. And original OEM batteries… which idk would affect the 4WD display. Photos and Video attached of what is displayed.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4WD System / Sway Bar Disconnect message and Transfer Case flicker JeepService4WD

Jeep Wrangler JL 4WD System / Sway Bar Disconnect message and Transfer Case flicker JeepSwayBar

Sponsored

Last edited:

robburns76

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
i've got a similar issue (minus the sway bar since i the sport model). did you ever have a resolution to it?

pablosauli

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have the same issue. Started last week. Any recommendations on how did you fix it?
Sponsored