Two options for my Jeep replacement.

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
You made the right choice. From what I've seen on the inter web and youtube videos, seems like most everyone that sold their Jeep for the Gladiator, soon regretted it and went back to the Jeep. The Gladiator really isn't much of a truck and if I need a truck, well U-Haul has me covered for $19.95 in the states, or even Home Depot for $17.95 plus mileage.

Glad your doing OK...
Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Jeep Wrangler JL Two options for my Jeep replacement. Sarge 2DR.PNG

This is how it'll look, according to my dealer. It ain't mine, it's just to give an idea of what i'm getting into.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
On the Gladiator, does it come with the Max Tow package along with Dana 40s?
Though I’m not a huge fan of the Gladiator, it is VERY much more practical than a Wrangler. If you get one with Dana 40s, you can easily get it lifted and fitted with 37s. 37s totally transform the look of the Gladiator and make it incredible looking IMO.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
the diesels do not love cold weather so much... would be ok if you keep it in a garage. if you keep it outside you would want to plug in the block heater, etc.

you really should tell the dealer to find you another willys or a rubicon (better axles / brakes) just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
you really should tell the dealer to find you another willys or a rubicon (better axles / brakes) just my 2 cents.
As said a couple of times earlier, with production hell going on due to high demand, i'll take what's left from the factory. I can't wait for 7-9 months for it to arrive in Quebec: the closest store is about 12 kilometers from my place.

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
If I did not have my truck, then I would have gone with the Gladiator.
I like having the additional storage.

Every year always loading my dogs, supplies and toys (mountain bikes, 2 person outboard boat) up to my cabin or my aunt‘s cabin and need the extra space.

Why not the 4 door JL? Really liking the extra space behind the second row seat.

if space is not an issue, then would go with JL 2 door. The 2 door is definitely the most fun to drive.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Why not the 4 door JL? Really liking the extra space behind the second row seat.
As said many times in this thread yet, availability is an issue in Quebec right now. It's already a miracle of some sort that my dealer found a 6MT in Sarge green.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Oooh. Tough choices there. If I got a Gladiator, I would want the diesel.
I think the same on the diesel but I saw a calculation that estimated you would need to drive over 300,000 miles in fuel to break even on the engine cost upgrade. Add the DEF cost and fuel filters to that. I am shopping for a gladiator now and I am probably going with the V6 based the idea I’ll never recoup the cost and it’s more maintenance.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I think the same on the diesel but I saw a calculation that estimated you would need to drive over 300,000 miles in fuel to break even on the engine cost upgrade. Add the DEF cost and fuel filters to that. I am shopping for a gladiator now and I am probably going with the V6 based the idea I’ll never recoup the cost and it’s more maintenance.
That's true, but that's if you forget about the torque and the fun this engine gets you. I think one must see it as an entirely different vehicle.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I would get a diesel Gladiator if I was replacing both my f150 and the Jeep. That way I could still tow what I need to.
Sponsored