Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
So yesterday I installed the Cobra CB and the CoolTech interior mount. I mounted my antenna off of my fender using the Topsy mount.

Before using it I took out onto a prairie ridge with nothing around it and was able to tune it using an SRW meter.

So here's the thing. I have to remove my antenna when I enter/leave my garage. I also don't want it on all the time when I am just running around town. Each time that I place it back on, should I also re-tune it? It's sometimes only a mm or so of adjustment to get things right. By constantly removing it and storing it, am I unknowingly changing it's length?

BTW; I followed this super chill dude's tutorial on how to tune my antenna.

Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
So yesterday I installed the Cobra CB and the CoolTech interior mount. I mounted my antenna off of my fender using the Topsy mount.

Before using it I took out onto a prairie ridge with nothing around it and was able to tune it using an SRW meter.

So here's the thing. I have to remove my antenna when I enter/leave my garage. I also don't want it on all the time when I am just running around town. Each time that I place it back on, should I also re-tune it? It's sometimes only a mm or so of adjustment to get things right. By constantly removing it and storing it, am I unknowingly changing it's length?

BTW; I followed this super chill dude's tutorial on how to tune my antenna.

I don’t tune mine every time I put it back on and have not noticed any loss of transmission. I’m in the same boat that I don’t leave mine on. I only have it on when wheeling.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I tuned mine once and also have a removable antennae. I have not tuned it since, and it functions excellent on Jeep trail rides.
Sponsored