Trip A&B, Avg MPG & Diplay Setup Issues

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
I had my 2020 in for service today and asked about this. They said my software is all up to date. The tech's opinion was that it's a software issue. No fix. Just reporting in.
Sponsored

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
I had my 2020 in for service today and asked about this. They said my software is all up to date. The tech's opinion was that it's a software issue. No fix. Just reporting in.
I wonder if disconnecting both batteries for a 30 min may help with this. May try it and see what happens. My biggest issue is that timer seems to always reset to something like 13 min. No matter how long I drive when I shut it off and fire up again it's around 13 min. So odd!

Black_Dog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 4-Door Rubicon Recon (Granite Crystal)
Hi YYCSahara,
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your new JL. If you do decide to bring this to the attention of your dealer, please send us a PM so that we may add assistance to your visit.

Kathryn
JeepCares
I am having this same issue with my ā€˜20 Rubicon Recon I purchased less than a month ago.

@JeepCares, how about rather than telling us how sorry you are to hear about it and how much you care, you could try researching a solution and posting it here to actually help the Jeep owners community.

ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
HaHa... good one, Black_Dog.

Exact problem but I'm waiting for things to get back to normal at my dealership before I look into it. So far, the tripped mileage works as long as I leave it on that screen (which I really don't want to do). I will post an update when the time comes.

2019 JLUR 3.6L 8sp auto

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I am having this same issue with my ā€˜20 Rubicon Recon I purchased less than a month ago.

@JeepCares, how about rather than telling us how sorry you are to hear about it and how much you care, you could try researching a solution and posting it here to actually help the Jeep owners community.
As the Customer Care Team, we are not mechanically trained and therefore we rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional support while you are in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Jeepin Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the same issue since new, i can force changes by doing this

1. Press push button start until you are in either ACC or RUN. Do not turn the vehicle on.
2. Hold down Green Phone button & Voice Recognition button at the same time. Hold for 30 seconds ( for me it worked if it pressed the phone button a split second before touching the voice button. If I pressed the voice button first the system would ramble on about commands ). After 30 seconds let go.
3. Turn the car off, immediately open the drivers door. Hold it open for 30seconds.
4. Close the door and turn the car on, see if the issue is still there.

I have a new cluster on order but have been waiting 6 weeks.

@JeepCares - I have reported this thru the dealer and your engineers suggested a new cluster, other forum members have tried this fix with no luck, please escalate this issue as this problem has been an issue for multiple members for some time.

Black_Dog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 4-Door Rubicon Recon (Granite Crystal)
As the Customer Care Team, we are not mechanically trained and therefore we rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional support while you are in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thatā€™s nice, but this thread is more than 8 months old and there are others describing this same problem that are older. Itā€™s past time that Jeep address this bug and circulate a fix so owners donā€™t have to keep going back to the dealerships to have this uniquely diagnosed.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@Jeepin Dave, @Black_Dog, and @jtjimbo32,

We can certainly have this information passed along to the appropriate teams. In order to do so, please send us a private message with your VIN and mileage.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have this same issue. Just bought my Jeep 1 week ago.
Congratulations on your Jeep purchase! I am sorry to hear that you have this concern as well. Please send us a message with your VIN, mileage, and dealer.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored