Trifecta - Another Black Wrangler Build

Crawl Away

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - 1998 TJ Sport
I have been a long time Jeep lover. I purchased my first TJ in college. It was a black Sport with the dreaded Dana 35. After wheeling it hard for several months and buying more parts than expected, I sold it so I could drop the payment and focus on getting through college and law school.

One year after or so after passing the bar and buying a house, I bought my second black TJ. That one has a Dana 44 and put the 1.25 JKS body lift and 4.5” short arm lift on it with 35”x12.50” mud terrain tires. I quickly followed with a rear Detroit locker, front Aussie locker, chromoly shafts all around, winch, etc.

That TJ only saw the dirt, the garage and the trailer. I wheeled all over Texas and the Clayton, OK area. In 2011, about two months before my second kid/daughter was born, I took it on its last trip and started tearing into it for a new cage and 60s, stretch, etc. However, life and kids got in the way and most of the plan was aborted.

Last part of 2019 I decided to get the TJ back on the trail and replaced the wheels, tires, diff fluids and oil, steering Box , fuel pump. All it needs now is finish welding on the cage and belts. However, my daily driver Silverado started having problems in February and I traded it for a new 2019 JLUR that was a dealer demo vehicle with 7,100 miles.

Of course, it is also black.

Jeep Wrangler JL Trifecta - Another Black Wrangler Build 5CC12418-48EA-47C7-9335-0A65DEFAC670

I vowed to not spend any serious money in the new Rubicon until it was paid off. I purchased a JTop and fabricated my own Hi-Lift mount similar to the Dominion version.

However, my dad bought a black JKU and immediately started adding bumpers, winch, etc and we installed a Rusty’s 3.25” basic lift two weeks ago.

Today I received about 200 lbs of goodness.
Jeep Wrangler JL Trifecta - Another Black Wrangler Build 31AC98AA-B06C-4A67-9E5F-672C96374857

I dropped the Rubicon at the dealer today in hopes of getting the steering box TSB done. Hopefully, the Clayton Overland 2.5” lift and Fox shocks will be on by this weekend.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR
How do you like the Clayton lift? Their springs are rated much higher than most, so I'm curious how they feel. How does the on road ride compare to stock? Thanks

OP
OP
Crawl Away

Crawl Away

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - 1998 TJ Sport
How do you like the Clayton lift? Their springs are rated much higher than most, so I'm curious how they feel. How does the on road ride compare to stock? Thanks
I like the Clayton ride. I think it rides as good as stock. I need to work on my alignment a little.
Sponsored