Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I'm building a JLR on 43's similar to the DYNATRAC CODE1 2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL BUILD. Here's the link to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Build Specs
I've talked to Dynatrac several times, and each time they recommend starting with a Sahara rather than a Ruby. I really wanted the 4:1 xfer case and with painted top, so I ordered the JLR. How strong is the Ruby xfer case compared to the Sahara?

Details of my build plan here.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I dunno but the Jeep looks really weird to me on 43s. Looks like a monster truck.

Last edited:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How strong is the Ruby xfer case compared to the Sahara?
I don't think it's a matter of one being strong than the other. I think it's more about saving a few dollars starting with a Sahara vs. a Rubicon. Why pay extra for a Rubicon with things that you'll be replacing?

OP
OP
J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I don't think it's a matter of one being strong than the other. I think it's more about saving a few dollars starting with a Sahara vs. a Rubicon. Why pay extra for a Rubicon with things that you'll be replacing?
I think that's right. But I'll get back $4K for the Ruby axles, the Sahara axles I'm told don't get much. Given that $4k, and the options I want, I'm not paying any extra.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I think that's right. But I'll get back $4K for the Ruby axles, the Sahara axles I'm told don't get much. Given that $4k, and the options I want, I'm not paying any extra.
A lot of people think that with ultra-low axle gears and the torque multiplication of the automatic transmission that 4:1 is just too low for the transfer case gears. I drive a manual so the rock track just makes s lot more sense for me. Currently running 37s and 5.13 gears but eventually I’ll have 40s and 5.38s when I do my axle swap.
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E