First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Iā€™m in PA, thereā€™s one at a place called Rausch Creek. If the beginner classes in FL are anything like it, they donā€™t get in the vehicle with you, they talk you through the program via radio and spotters outside.

This is a link to the place up here, might give you some tips on what to look for in FL.
https://offroad-consulting.com/

I get your feelings on COVID, my family has been the same way. One of the reasons we got back into off roading and bought a jeep was to have some fun away from peoplešŸ˜œ
My plan exactly!

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Lots of us in Colorado. Plenty of us are happy to be tour guides and instructors for trail noobs.
PXL_20210621_183058150.jpg

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I had never off roaded, and got my first jeep. Ended up going to an off road park in SC with a friend, kind of learned on the fly. then went with my brother and he showed me a lot of stuff. Everyone in this thread has given good advice. The only thing they missed, depending where you go be prepared to scratch your paint if you are in areas with tress. I know most will laugh at me for sayin this but ohwell. I cant help it, i like getting my Jeep dirty, but i also dont like the fact that trees are hard on the paint lol.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Man that looks like a blast! Are you pretty cautious about avalanches or is that more media hysteria?
Avalanche danger is real. Almost always clear human error sadly. My group has an excellent track record, never buried anybody in 20 years and hundreds of days on the mtn. It IS a blast! 160 hp 425 lb machine makes for some good times.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Avalanche danger is real. Almost always clear human error sadly. My group has an excellent track record, never buried anybody in 20 years and hundreds of days on the mtn. It IS a blast! 160 hp 425 lb machine makes for some good times.
Good to know. Iā€™m an avid snowboarder but would love to look into other snow sports.

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
There are some events in Florida where you could get started off-roading and be in an environment where you wont get in trouble. Jeeping with Judd in Bartow is a good one they usually run 7 different trails with a trail leader and tail gunner.

Jeeptoperfest near Leesburg usually has some trails with different levels depending on you Jeep and experience. There is one out towards the panhandle I have not made it to yet.

There is a small off-road park in Ocala called Hard rock that you could go see what you are comfortable with and Ocala national forest has quite a few trails all though pretty mild can be fun for just getting out.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I personally know a girl that leads a lot of trail rides in Florida. She is frickin cool. She organizes a lot of girl Jeeper trail rides. She splits time between Michigan and Florida with Florida being where she is the most often.

Her name is Robin. This is her out wheeling with us back in March in Florida.

She wheels the white gladiator.
Jeep Wrangler JL Trails help 1628677879927

She Jeeps a lot in the Ocala National Forest. Bonus, it is an easy trail system and a Jeep Badge of Honor trail. She knows it well so she can keep out out of the brush that the area is famous for. She leads a Girls Jeep club so you could go wheeling with other Jeep girls. If you want me to put you in contact with her just let me know.

This is her Instagram page, you could also contact her that way.

https://www.instagram.com/rawdyrider_jt/

She is a lot of fun and I had a blast wheeling with her.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Don't go alone. Find an easy or moderate trail. You can take the 392, itll be fine, it wont get damaged. Dont turn on your lockers, you wont need them. I've been wheeling without lockers since I got the Jeep. 2 door, rubi suspension, rubi tires. I did Gold Mountain, which is a "black diamond" trail last weekend. It was rough, but doable.

Heres an example on where front lockers actually would have helped. lol. That damn BLD is so slow to react.

Ouch

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Along with everything else everyone has said I would advise to take it slow on your first few trails, don't be afraid to pull off to the side and walk up the trail to get a feel for how it all feels (like are there loose rock, gravel, soft ground, a big drop off after a hill, etc.) and don't be afraid to ask other people out on the trail for advise or help. Most people would be more than happy to help you pick a good line up an obstacle and spot/direct you to keep you out of trouble.
Sponsored