First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Try finding and joining a local jeep club. They'll have good trails to recommend and you can go out with them and learn the ropes. They should also have recovery gear and can teach you how to use it and show you what you need. Don't wheel solo until you're experienced and you can self recover (get a winch, maxtrax, etc)

Like Dave there said, get a good air compressor that'll fill them up pretty quickly. The regular car ones will take hours to fill large tires. The more cfm, the faster they go

I'd also get some skid plates for the bottom.
Differential skids first. The front diff drain plug design is kinda poopy and can get messed up easily. Don't want to lose your diff fluid on the trail and get stuck
Rear shock mount skids are a good idea, since they hang down pretty low and are easy to hit
After that, upgrade as you do harder trails

Other than that, have fun!
Totally screen shotted your reply! šŸ˜Š thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Iā€™d sign up for a beginners course. A lot you can learn.

If you give a general area of Florida that you are in, Iā€™m sure that you can get some feedback on real off-road courses to attend (I wouldnā€™t give out your actual area though, you drive a pretty recognizable Jeep).

For large Jeep community events you can check out Jeep Jamborees which offer off-road instruction and take people out on guided tours.

https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/
Kinda trying to stay away from strangers and groups... covid.... but i will check them out online for hopefully, the near future!

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
It depends. 2 doors have a better break over angle and are generally more maneuverable. With that said, the short wheelbase of the 2 door makes them more tippy and more likely to lift a tire. After wheeling with @chevymitchell for 2 weeks straight (who has a 2 door) thereā€™s no way Iā€™d feel comfortable in a 2 door.
Realllly??? Thats a new angle I had not thought of.... good grief....so much. I need a real hardback book.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
If you've never been to Colorado you should put it on your bucket list. The major passes aren't difficult in a jeep but the views are extraordinary. As mentioned, air down, have a way to air up, first aid kit, winch is great, go with friends.
LOVE COLORADO! One of the most beautiful places I have been... Colorado springs was my fav! I like it....better....than.....
.florida..... sorry. I was born here but I just love winters!

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Take someone experienced with you. Nothings worse than getting into a situation where you dont know what to do to, and youre stuck trusting your useless passenger to spot your 80k jeep
I have a complex..i ask for advice, i research, i research some more, and until i feel i know as much as possible, i keep learning. Im only comfortable if i feel like i did everything possible before attempting whatever it is. Then its usually a shit show but i can stay calm and not lose it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Running trails in your Jeep is a super fun activity. You do not need a 2-door and a 392 will do just fine as well. Problem with Florida is I think mud is often a key component to "4-wheelin" in places with mostly flat terrain. I hate mud... Serious hassle to clean up after. I think the east coast in general is a tough place to find good off-roading since private parks are often the only venues. The advice to get with a Jeep club is solid. Then just practice, you will love it.
I LOVE MUD!
Running trails in your Jeep is a super fun activity. You do not need a 2-door and a 392 will do just fine as well. Problem with Florida is I think mud is often a key component to "4-wheelin" in places with mostly flat terrain. I hate mud... Serious hassle to clean up after. I think the east coast in general is a tough place to find good off-roading since private parks are often the only venues. The advice to get with a Jeep club is solid. Then just practice, you will love it.
I LOVE MUD! I found a lil today!

Screenshot_20210808-190936_Gallery.jpg

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
We winched a guy out that found a little mudā€¦ ;)
Jeep Wrangler JL Trails help 00A6DFEC-AA31-4510-9BC3-07C2F6590724

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Oh and Colorado today, just to torture you guys... Not much mud, lots of rocks and mountain wildflowers though, above Telluride CO on Black Bear Pass

IMG_1166.JPG
I just want to throw down a blanket and take a nap....

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
LOVE COLORADO! One of the most beautiful places I have been... Colorado springs was my fav! I like it....better....than.....
.florida..... sorry. I was born here but I just love winters!
Oh and Colorado winter... the reason I live here.

IMG_0422.JPG

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Please dont tell me my hun was right about installing an air compressor.... šŸ˜’
You donā€™t need to install one. Plenty of good ones clip to the battery, or you can wire your own plugs. They sit in a bag while in the Jeep, or get moved out of the way when youā€™re not off-roading.
Pro-tip, keep your deflator in the compressor bag so you donā€™t accidentally air down without the ability to air back up.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Kinda trying to stay away from strangers and groups... covid.... but i will check them out online for hopefully, the near future!
Iā€™m in PA, thereā€™s one at a place called Rausch Creek. If the beginner classes in FL are anything like it, they donā€™t get in the vehicle with you, they talk you through the program via radio and spotters outside.

This is a link to the place up here, might give you some tips on what to look for in FL.
https://offroad-consulting.com/

I get your feelings on COVID, my family has been the same way. One of the reasons we got back into off roading and bought a jeep was to have some fun away from peoplešŸ˜œ

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Oh and Colorado winter... the reason I live here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Trails help IMG_0422.JPG
Man that looks like a blast! Are you pretty cautious about avalanches or is that more media hysteria?
Sponsored