First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
That's it. How does the sensor install go? It was in stock and it's on the way. Thanks

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
^^^^that's protecting the trailer plug?

OP
OP
MtCamper

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
No, but I've ripped the factory plastic one so new bumper needed too. Probably along with the skid for the plug.... and maybe a 2" lift

Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies. The idea was to protect the factory 4/7 pin plug that should have been body mounted or at least in the middle of the bumper. I like that Backbone idea, it looks like just what I had envisioned. Really like that bumper, especially since I left mine dangling on one side after the last outing. Plastic on a Rubi just wasn't a good idea. But I need a bumper with backup sensor holes that work and a license bracket. It also needs to keep the factory hitch. Of course then there's the needed lift, bigger tires, full skids............
Rock Hard 4x4 ticked all the boxes for me. I bought this: https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90300.htm
The only downside is that the bumper doesn't have the recess for the spare tire so you need to raise your spare. I solved that with the Ace Stand Alone Spare Tire Carrier, but there's other options.

B52EE5DF-B7A7-4FA9-9539-AE47AB790B00.jpeg

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Made the brackets myself. Picture makes it look closer to the exhaust than it really is and of course this wouldn't work with the stock exhaust.
Trailer Wiring.jpg
Jeep Trailer.jpg

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
the last picture is very close to what i did to protect mine. when i removed the muffler and installed the delete pipe, i simply moved the hitch wiring plug facing down mounted to the back side of one of the hitch bolts.
Sponsored